Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-03-2020, 10:50 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Very Difficult to Load/Zone

Been a heck of a time setting this up but I was finally able to play for a few hours, however, I'm still having 2 problems. When I first typed this out I wasn't able to get to the character load screen. Now I can but it's a complete pain. I'd say it takes me 5 attempts and about 20 minutes to finally get into the game:

1st - when logging in, I'd say 3 out of every 4 times logging in, the servers never show. I have to log out, and log in repeatedly until they finally show up. The screen is fine and seems normal, just no servers. Then "try" to load the server. Half the time that part works, half the time it doesn't, which brings me to point #2:

2nd - Any sort of load is a 50/50 chance of crashing. This includes loading the character select screen and zoning. I followed the FAQ to disable the load screen art, but couldn't find that option? Either way, I never get the load screen when zoning anyways, it simply freezes the screen as is. After about 10-15 second I can tell if it'll zone or crash because it will either A) populate the loading bar (but NOT the Art page) and load normally or B) stay frozen, except the mouse can move around freely. Eventually I have to just close out of the program and spend 15-20 minutes trying to log back in again.

I had a number of problems but was able to fix the rest following the FAQ page (thanks for that btw) and play a bit this afternoon, and I'll continue to try some other fixes tomorrow. - Just curious if anyone has seen this and has a solution to these last 2 issues.

Once I'm finally in the game it works great. Graphics are fine, no lag, spells, lighting, sounds etc all normal. It's just a matter of getting INTO the game, and then from there zoning to another place.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks