Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 01-16-2024, 01:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Counts as duo master
I did the whole Tranix Fight solo. I didn't ask them to help, nor did they help in any relevant way. There is nothing in the video showing I would have lost without them. They just showed up to watch, because they were planning on killing Tranix if I didn't win the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However, it does say 'any 5', so you have a few more kills to go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've done at least 6 on the Solo Grandmaster list, I just don't have videos for them all. Nor do I care enough to make videos. Honestly some of them are strange picks anyway. I've killed Warlord Skarlon for example, and he is easier than Tranix in my estimation.

I simply disproved your idea that Barbarians > Trolls > Ogre/Iksar via using the solo challenge hall of fame as "proof". You are back to square one, because you can no longer use the solo challenge hall of fame as evidence.

But I am confident that you already know that racial bonuses have nothing to do with player skill. This is a pretty obvious troll.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-16-2024 at 02:13 AM..
Old 01-16-2024, 05:48 AM
Aviak

Default ya'll went way off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossyG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Shamans,

I'm looking at making an iksar shaman because I think they look cool, but wanted to get some experienced solo shamans takes first.
Is missing out on JBB going to hinder me on any solo challenges or is it mostly just for powerleveling yourself?

Cheers Nerds!

SO like i said ~ the iksar regen ac and fear clickies will be far more useful over the character's play vs JBB.

Address this not *WhO AM SolO BoSSSSSSSS vs the list of panty wetting*

FROM the ONLY SHAMAN to break into a GM room AND get the GM Medris killed.

No barby troll or Ogre shaman

AN IKSAR

ME

XANTHRO

google it p99 first gm room break in ~ sega made the thread
oh snap it wasn't solo it doesn't count !!!!!

IKSAR BEST
Old 01-16-2024, 05:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indeed. But when you have Torpor (+300 Regen), +8 Regen is only a 2.66% improvement in your Cannibalization efforts. Less if you are using Regrowth and Fungi Tunic.

This is why FSI wins once you have Torpor. Increasing your survivability during the first minute of a fight (before a mob is slowed) will be better than a small boost to your Mana/HP regeneration on a class that can already fully recover in 3 minutes or less. Troll/Iksar HP regeneration is giving you +80 HP in that first minute, which isn't even 1 hit from a difficult mob. Slowing a mob earlier due to FSI preventing an interrupt will save a lot more than 80 HP.

It's the same reason why Vindi BP is generally better than Fungi Tunic on a Torpor Shaman. You want to reduce spikes in damage, those are what kill a Torpor Shaman. Vindi BP gives you more AC, HP, and Resists to do just that. Once a mob is slowed you can already control your HP/Mana very well with Torpor and Cannibalize.

Agreed. Nobody is forcing anybody to play a race/class they do not like. Nobody is making fun of people who play X Race or X Class. All I am doing is providing the correct information on the game, so people can make their own decisions. There is nothing wrong with playing a non-Ogre Shaman, you can do all of the same content. Some people like to know what the Min/Max options are though, and there is no reason why we should obfuscate this information. If people like playing Min/Max, there is nothing wrong with that either.

Take these two statements: "FSI is provably better than Troll/Iksar Regen when a Shaman has Torpor", and "ToV Weapons are provably better than Rusty Weapons". I am not sure why the former gets so much pushback, and the latter does not. Both are proven via math and data, and are quite easy to prove.
Rusty 2hander better than tov weapons for bowquest. Sorry you’re wrong.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-16-2024, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Dsm proof is in his youtube videos. If you can't extract his mathematical equations from there, then where the fuck did you go to public school?
Old 01-16-2024, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're happy to concede that this is an opinion, I have no objections. As long as you maintain that this is provable and proven, I shall continue to ask for the proof.
Oh snap!
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-16-2024, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossyG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Shamans,

I'm looking at making an iksar shaman because I think they look cool, but wanted to get some experienced solo shamans takes first.
Is missing out on JBB going to hinder me on any solo challenges or is it mostly just for powerleveling yourself?

Cheers Nerds!
just a reminder, OP's question.
Old 01-16-2024, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

battle of the spergs last night i see
Old 01-16-2024, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh snap!
I am not sure why you think that was an "oh snap" moment. Bcbrown has yet to counter even one of my points, or provide any counter evidence. Converting what I've said into a mathematical proof will not change the simple fact that Bcbrown has nothing to counter said mathematical proof anyway.

Bcbrown is simply employing a classic trolling technique. They want me to admit everything I say is simply an opinion, because then what I am saying is equal to everybody else's opinion. It's an underhanded method to throw out all of the facts, math, logic, and evidence I have provided.

Bcbrown can't actually win the debate fairly with facts, math, logic, and evidence of their own, so they must resort to this trolling technique instead. It is sad, but hopefully one day they will actually provide something that can counter what I have been saying. It would be great to learn something new. As it stands, Bcbrown is apparently going to just keep asking people to convert what they have been saying into mathematical proofs for unknown reasons.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-16-2024 at 12:13 PM..
Old 01-16-2024, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did the whole Tranix Fight solo. I didn't ask them to help, nor did they help in any relevant way. There is nothing in the video showing I would have lost without them.
Hmm I'm not sure about that. We would need the video of their viewpoint for this to hold up to scrutiny I think. The hall of fame is very serious! Until you provide proof I don't think we can just let this pass, so you'd be at 2 points, which still places ogres higher than iksars for example, but barbarians still show a better real-world performance.
Old 01-16-2024, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Hmm I'm not sure about that. We would need the video of their viewpoint for this to hold up to scrutiny I think. The hall of fame is very serious! Until you provide proof I don't think we can just let this pass, so you'd be at 2 points, which still places ogres higher than iksars for example, but barbarians still show a better real-world performance.
You can keep this troll up if you wish. It isn't hurting me or helping you. It just shows you cannot provide any evidence to back up your claims about which racials are the best.