Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 11:17 PM
Planar Protector

What im learning today is that people who play gnomes chainsaw puppies IRL
Old 04-16-2019, 03:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldwin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanters can identify with just about any race. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Race fluid?
Old 04-16-2019, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

YFW its easier to change races and even species / kingdom than to change gender
Old 04-16-2019, 12:16 PM
Large Rat

One has to consider that there is also environmental reinforcement going on. That certain expectations influence they way people act. I have a troll shaman and a human ranger. People tend to treat my troll better on the whole. They share more often, crack more jokes and are overall more patient with me. Meanwhile with the ranger, people are curt, and a bit dickish. Same player here. Different expectations.

So I'd say its something like Class + Player + Community Expectations = Personality of the Avatar.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

I mean, thats not the fault of people. It's just that rangers are the butt end of jokes.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this like where every female halfling seems to call me 'hun' ?
I could've sworn that was just their halfling dialect. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personally my 2 cents about the class/race/personalities... I'll break it down with what I've seen

Barbarians - Pretty standard / quiet. Most barbarians I've met either already have a plan, or a direction they're going so they tend to be pretty... not blind but... stubborn? to one set path.

Dark Elves - We should probably burn their home to the ground. Most dark elves I meet tend to be dickish... only looking out for themselves types. haven't really had any super huge incidents with any but they are 100% not team players.

Dwarves - They seem to be okay for the most part. haven't had any real issues with them. as a player base they seem a bit skittish about killing things sometimes. probably all beta males.

Erudites - Masters of the dick. I play erudite myself, and I've seen shit. Erudites are dicks, just pure dicks. every erudite is out for themselves but will generally also be team players.. as long as it benefits themselves. Extraordinarily egocentric to a point. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gnomes - Sentient footballs with no souls. nearly every interaction I've had with a gnome has been a negative one. I'm 90% sure one tried to price gouge me on a teleport once... had multiple instances of gnomes causing purposeful trains, kill stealing, and being just general social assholes.

Half-Elves - these guys are kinda dicks... but that's just because almost all half-elves play bard and bards are the #1 problem of this game. as far as non-bard half elves... they seem to be a bit better, but all bard half-elves are pains in the asses, hyper AF, and are constantly ruining the pacing of everything and everyone around them. I'd say they're mostly aloof, but I feel like they know what they're doing and doing it on purpose... possibly drunk.

Halflings - "hun". Pretty sure this is where 90% of the male playing as female players end up. I've not had that many bad interactions with halflings, but they are definitely in their own little world. I get the feeling that all the halflings in this game play everquest a drastically different way than every other race. Possibly weed induced.

High Elves - generally okay people to be around. If you see a male high elf consider yourself lucky because every single high elf in the game is a female model. Most of them are willing to throw out free buffs to passerbys, similiar to erudites(sometimes) so that's a perk. I feel like people who play high elves are just there to relax, hang out, and escape their lives/kill time.

Humans - UNTRUSTWORTHY. seeing as humans are the most diverse group, there can be a lot of things said about their psychology, but one thing that remains constant is that they're pretty untrustworthy in general. I've met some that were decent but for the most part, you never know where they're coming from or what they're up to or how much adderall they're on.

Iksars - Prime Jackasses of the Jackass Nebula. Iksar players will "sometimes" be decent to talk to, but forget any form of party, trade, social interaction, or anything else associated with MMO's. Even in social environments they are at a complete lack of willingness to socialize. They don't seem innately evil, but much like other races, they are 100% egotistical and self-centered.

Ogres - Generally decent overall. I haven't had too many bad interactions with ogres and they seem to be generally team players as well as sometimes passerby buffers. That being said, they seem to value their own lives more than those around them. seen a couple times where ogres just noped out of situations causing massive trains to everyone else in the area.

Trolls - self-preserving mindset. They also seem to like to "Roleplay" a lot. Ironically trolls are some of the least trolly races in the game(@#$% u gnomes). like with ogres, I rarely see troll corpses around which makes me think they're both cautious player archetypes.

Wood-Elves - see half-elves.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Gnomes have ruined their home lands, now they want to ruin mine!
Old 04-16-2019, 07:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could've sworn that was just their halfling dialect. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Personally my 2 cents about the class/race/personalities... I'll break it down with what I've seen

Barbarians - Pretty standard / quiet. Most barbarians I've met either already have a plan, or a direction they're going so they tend to be pretty... not blind but... stubborn? to one set path.

Dark Elves - We should probably burn their home to the ground. Most dark elves I meet tend to be dickish... only looking out for themselves types. haven't really had any super huge incidents with any but they are 100% not team players.

Dwarves - They seem to be okay for the most part. haven't had any real issues with them. as a player base they seem a bit skittish about killing things sometimes. probably all beta males.

Erudites - Masters of the dick. I play erudite myself, and I've seen shit. Erudites are dicks, just pure dicks. every erudite is out for themselves but will generally also be team players.. as long as it benefits themselves. Extraordinarily egocentric to a point. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gnomes - Sentient footballs with no souls. nearly every interaction I've had with a gnome has been a negative one. I'm 90% sure one tried to price gouge me on a teleport once... had multiple instances of gnomes causing purposeful trains, kill stealing, and being just general social assholes.

Half-Elves - these guys are kinda dicks... but that's just because almost all half-elves play bard and bards are the #1 problem of this game. as far as non-bard half elves... they seem to be a bit better, but all bard half-elves are pains in the asses, hyper AF, and are constantly ruining the pacing of everything and everyone around them. I'd say they're mostly aloof, but I feel like they know what they're doing and doing it on purpose... possibly drunk.

Halflings - "hun". Pretty sure this is where 90% of the male playing as female players end up. I've not had that many bad interactions with halflings, but they are definitely in their own little world. I get the feeling that all the halflings in this game play everquest a drastically different way than every other race. Possibly weed induced.

High Elves - generally okay people to be around. If you see a male high elf consider yourself lucky because every single high elf in the game is a female model. Most of them are willing to throw out free buffs to passerbys, similiar to erudites(sometimes) so that's a perk. I feel like people who play high elves are just there to relax, hang out, and escape their lives/kill time.

Humans - UNTRUSTWORTHY. seeing as humans are the most diverse group, there can be a lot of things said about their psychology, but one thing that remains constant is that they're pretty untrustworthy in general. I've met some that were decent but for the most part, you never know where they're coming from or what they're up to or how much adderall they're on.

Iksars - Prime Jackasses of the Jackass Nebula. Iksar players will "sometimes" be decent to talk to, but forget any form of party, trade, social interaction, or anything else associated with MMO's. Even in social environments they are at a complete lack of willingness to socialize. They don't seem innately evil, but much like other races, they are 100% egotistical and self-centered.

Ogres - Generally decent overall. I haven't had too many bad interactions with ogres and they seem to be generally team players as well as sometimes passerby buffers. That being said, they seem to value their own lives more than those around them. seen a couple times where ogres just noped out of situations causing massive trains to everyone else in the area.

Trolls - self-preserving mindset. They also seem to like to "Roleplay" a lot. Ironically trolls are some of the least trolly races in the game(@#$% u gnomes). like with ogres, I rarely see troll corpses around which makes me think they're both cautious player archetypes.

Wood-Elves - see half-elves.
Just saying "every race is egocentric" would have saved a lot of time.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, it's late and I'm rambling a bit, but after an incident today I've begun to wonder if certain classes attract particular personality types
Most people I know by now have played all races and all classes.

So no.

However game mechanics and class designs will make you have different needs at different times. A druid might buff you and port you and you might think hey what a great guy. Most druids are halflings or wood-elves. Most necros will "steal" your camp or just not help you at all, so they are dicks. Most necros are iksars. Etc.

You're doing it bot-top. It probably works the other way.

Most people probably think Nagoya (druid halfling) is "nice" - i never say no to any druid stuff, and people like that.
But on my warrior troll most people probably think nothing - cause i never say no to any warrior stuff, but there is none [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I speak and interact pretty much the same way on both.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:27 AM
Fire Giant

Dark Elf Cleric because I'm a misanthrope.

Aside from my case, I think cleric takes all types...