Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 02:15 AM
Planar Protector

Default Usb keyboard issues during bootup

Have been trying to get into BIOS but with a USB keyboard it seems unresponsive until windows boots up. Now I am stuck in a loop where I must press a key in order to continue, but usb keyboard isn't recognized until boot up, etc etc.

I imagine the only way to fix this issue is to go buy a ps/2 keyboard.

Any other thoughts?
Old 05-02-2019, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

I got a decent wired keyboard from bestbuy for $10.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:02 AM
Banned

You have a PS/2 connector? Where'd u get ur computer? Scrapped from star gate command?
Old 05-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Banned

I am (genuinely not really) sorry your keyboard thread was usurped by Cecily the USURPER and that this one is not more popular.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have a PS/2 connector? Where'd u get ur computer? Scrapped from star gate command?
my computer does. i got it from newegg

OP try a different USB port
Old 05-02-2019, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Hard power off your computer. Kill the PSU connection and press the power button again. Go smoke a cig/bowl/crack come back plug the computer back in and it should get rid of the screen that forces you to click.

The other thing that you can do is try a different USB slot on your MOBO maybe its just not powering up the one that goes to the keybaord.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 05-03-2019, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hard power off your computer. Kill the PSU connection and press the power button again. Go smoke a cig/bowl/crack come back plug the computer back in and it should get rid of the screen that forces you to click.

The other thing that you can do is try a different USB slot on your MOBO maybe its just not powering up the one that goes to the keybaord.
I tried all USB slots. I powered off the comp and pulled the battery to completely reset but I was again forced to key something at another prompt.

I was only able to break free of boot up by going down to the 2nd hand store and purchasing an ps/2 keyboard.

Oh and clevergirl, you should have served a mission.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ps/2 keyboard
Shits Classic!
Old 05-03-2019, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried all USB slots. I powered off the comp and pulled the battery to completely reset but I was again forced to key something at another prompt.

I was only able to break free of boot up by going down to the 2nd hand store and purchasing an ps/2 keyboard.

Oh and clevergirl, you should have served a mission.
I agree. Thanks!

Did you try a different USB keyboard? Maybe the keyboard itself was weird and not the USB ports.

Anyway. Seems like you have a new keyboard and it works now!
Old 05-03-2019, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree. Thanks!

Did you try a different USB keyboard? Maybe the keyboard itself was weird and not the USB ports.

Anyway. Seems like you have a new keyboard and it works now!
i didnt try a different usb keyboard. i just went as old school as i could go. I do have one of those fancy gaming keyboards as my main, so maybe that was the reason?