Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-31-2022, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is it only men whose potential retirement we've disccused, is it because I would guess most of us are men? Do the same things that often happen to men happen to women as well?

Most of the bosses I've had have been women.

My dad retired like three years ago and is kind of falling apart, my mom retired like fifteen years ago and she's still generally healthy for a woman her age AFAIK
Idle hands. Men can’t handle not being occupied. If I were ever truly bored, I’d reforge the persian empire and March the Arabs and Turks into the ocean for their crimes
Old 03-31-2022, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idle hands. Men can’t handle not being occupied. If I were ever truly bored, I’d reforge the persian empire and March the Arabs and Turks into the ocean for their crimes
all but for 300 annoying Spartans.
Old 03-31-2022, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess my "someone expresses a violent fantasy on the elf forum" drinking game may have been a bad call, heh

I wonder if this makes the reverse true. Can women handle boredom better than men?
Old 03-31-2022, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all but for 300 annoying Spartans.
They lost, google salamis. The Athenians and later Macedonians were the real warriors
Old 03-31-2022, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess my "someone expresses a violent fantasy on the elf forum" drinking game may have been a bad call, heh

I wonder if this makes the reverse true. Can women handle boredom better than men?
I’m just kidding dude, I was just being Adobeheart for a second. I like scotch too much to go back to the Islamic republic
Old 03-31-2022, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

An honest answer though, I just bought a ton of land in Wyoming to move my cattle up there / hike for retirement. My son moved to Denver and I think my daughter will be moving there too. It’s only like 3 hours from where my wife and I will be. Point is, I’m so terrified of boredom that I picked up ranching as an Iranian because I know retirement will kill me. I’ve been working since I was 12. I don’t know how people accept largesse from others in the form of welfare, tax evasion, etc
Old 03-31-2022, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 03-31-2022, 03:22 PM
Banned

It's all good my anti-capitalist stances kind of have 'violent fantasy' baked into the crust [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If I had land and time like that I'd do more art stuff. Landscaping is very gratifying to me. Sounds like a dream, tbh. I could never convince my wife to live on open land or a farm. She fears rural counties and country people.

The only time I got direct largesse/unemployment was from the state, in like 2020-2021, and it was automatically filed. They just kept sending it to me, job or no job. I told them a bunch of times I had found work and the money kept coming. I am sure they will notice eventually, I don't see Brian Kemp doing a mass forgiveness program. Who knows, though, suing a few hundred thousand people is a logistical nightmare. Waiting on that "give us the money back or we'll sue you" letter.

I think the longest period where I literally just didn't work was for about six weeks. We did a lot of road trips.
Old 03-31-2022, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Old 03-31-2022, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://youtu.be/imNtSPM3-r4

watch (listen) to that video starkind its great youll love it.
I watched this video. P cool. Some real assholes. The starppl were p cool tho. The ones that got around with farts. Was waiting for earth 2.0. There where ruins... records, especially on the gravitals original world.. surprised they didn't try to re-engineer our original form.

I think the case may be made that earth and it's ecosystem is unique, and without it, we cease to remain in this form.