Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-31-2022, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

I had my own business for years back in WA. I loved it, and hated it all the same. Lots of stress when everything is on your shoulders, but at the same time it makes you grow up real quick.

Now I’m working for a company and really love what I do. I never feel the dread of going to work like I did when I was working for other companies.

I think the trick to work is finding something you enjoy doing, that you are good at, and that is valuable. Along with that, never work for a company that makes you feel like shit. If I could go back 10 years ago, I would have told the general manager to go fuck himself after he made me feel like a dumbass for asking a question about how to do my job.

Seriously your self worth is more important than any “job” you have.
Old 03-31-2022, 08:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I watched this video. P cool. Some real assholes. The starppl were p cool tho. The ones that got around with farts. Was waiting for earth 2.0. There where ruins... records, especially on the gravitals original world.. surprised they didn't try to re-engineer our original form.

I think the case may be made that earth and it's ecosystem is unique, and without it, we cease to remain in this form.
iirc C.M. Kosemen has cited Olaf Stapledon as an influence in creation of the book that video is based on.

Last and First Men was a movie that came out recently based on a work of the same name by Olaf Stapledon, which ... which ain't for everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqDBlBKlbDA
Old 03-31-2022, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had my own business for years back in WA. I loved it, and hated it all the same. Lots of stress when everything is on your shoulders, but at the same time it makes you grow up real quick.

Now I’m working for a company and really love what I do. I never feel the dread of going to work like I did when I was working for other companies.

I think the trick to work is finding something you enjoy doing, that you are good at, and that is valuable. Along with that, never work for a company that makes you feel like shit. If I could go back 10 years ago, I would have told the general manager to go fuck himself after he made me feel like a dumbass for asking a question about how to do my job.

Seriously your self worth is more important than any “job” you have.
I agree, and it’s cool that you like your current situation

I only had one horrible boss in my life, a butch lesbian with a shaved head and a cunt personality. I was working retail and parents would bring their shitty kids in to buy them cleats or team sports gear, and not say anything as their kid just thrashed the hell out of our isles. Then at the end of the night we had “recovery” which was to put everything back in order and couldn’t leave until it was done

Even though it was some shitty kids that did it, this bitch of a manager would stand behind us and yell at us for making her have to stay late. She’d be like “I have dogs I have to feed and let out but you lazy worthless assholes can’t clean up your isle and so now I can’t!” And if I said something like “you could help you know” she would be like “oh you want to get a write up? Talk back again and that’s a write up”. She wouldn’t help, just stand there and literally cuss us out and insult us

The only redeeming thing about her is that she would only hire hot teen girls for every position she could so that she could try to hit on them. This meant I was always surrounded by hot as hell (ditzy) teen co-workers at the registers up front and working apparel. Lotta scenery to look at…
Old 03-31-2022, 08:16 PM
Banned

Erre I mean, code 187 ☺😇🤫🤗
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

/\
Last edited by starkind; 03-31-2022 at 08:29 PM..
Old 03-31-2022, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree, and it’s cool that you like your current situation

I only had one horrible boss in my life, a butch lesbian with a shaved head and a cunt personality. I was working retail and parents would bring their shitty kids in to buy them cleats or team sports gear, and not say anything as their kid just thrashed the hell out of our isles. Then at the end of the night we had “recovery” which was to put everything back in order and couldn’t leave until it was done

Even though it was some shitty kids that did it, this bitch of a manager would stand behind us and yell at us for making her have to stay late. She’d be like “I have dogs I have to feed and let out but you lazy worthless assholes can’t clean up your isle and so now I can’t!” And if I said something like “you could help you know” she would be like “oh you want to get a write up? Talk back again and that’s a write up”. She wouldn’t help, just stand there and literally cuss us out and insult us

The only redeeming thing about her is that she would only hire hot teen girls for every position she could so that she could try to hit on them. This meant I was always surrounded by hot as hell (ditzy) teen co-workers at the registers up front and working apparel. Lotta scenery to look at…
A child ran into the warehouse of the Houston REI one time while I was there and the shoe salesperson freaked out and had to go chase him down. My wife went to help. The parents did nothing, really didn’t even respond, so I told them that if a box falls on their child’s head and kills him, they will answer to God for his death. The man looked at me like wow what a shitty thing to say, and I asked him why he thought it was some teenager working at REI’s job to keep their dumb ass son from climbing up shoe racks in a warehouse / falling to his death. He told me my reaction was uncalled for. I wished I were back in nacogdoches back in the 80s. Back then you could punch someone in the face for being a dumb ass and the sheriff would be like “well don’t do something worthy of getting punched in the face next time.”

I can’t imagine working retail now. Kids have zero discipline. I was at a persian New Years party not too long ago and my friend and I in our 50s yelled at his grandson because the kid thought it would be funny to shoot people with water guns inside at a fancy ish party. He got my daughter in law in the back. The child’s parents, my friend’s daughter and son-in-law, apologized but similarly looked around in disbelief as to why anyone was indignant. This kid also had a fishing pole inside at an Airbnb at lake Travis and was casting it, with a hook, indoors. The parents did nothing. The kid almost hit his uncle in the face with the hook and he grabbed the pole and broke it in half

Not sure if that story was applicable at all but I had to share it because I was ducking pissed off on both occasions BIGLY
Old 03-31-2022, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A child ran into the warehouse of the Houston REI one time while I was there and the shoe salesperson freaked out and had to go chase him down. My wife went to help. The parents did nothing, really didn’t even respond, so I told them that if a box falls on their child’s head and kills him, they will answer to God for his death. The man looked at me like wow what a shitty thing to say, and I asked him why he thought it was some teenager working at REI’s job to keep their dumb ass son from climbing up shoe racks in a warehouse / falling to his death. He told me my reaction was uncalled for. I wished I were back in nacogdoches back in the 80s. Back then you could punch someone in the face for being a dumb ass and the sheriff would be like “well don’t do something worthy of getting punched in the face next time.”

I can’t imagine working retail now. Kids have zero discipline. I was at a persian New Years party not too long ago and my friend and I in our 50s yelled at his grandson because the kid thought it would be funny to shoot people with water guns inside at a fancy ish party. He got my daughter in law in the back. The child’s parents, my friend’s daughter and son-in-law, apologized but similarly looked around in disbelief as to why anyone was indignant. This kid also had a fishing pole inside at an Airbnb at lake Travis and was casting it, with a hook, indoors. The parents did nothing. The kid almost hit his uncle in the face with the hook and he grabbed the pole and broke it in half

Not sure if that story was applicable at all but I had to share it because I was ducking pissed off on both occasions BIGLY
How are we going to be ok?

😥

BTW. When I was 6, and again later in my teens. I did the moral and ethical thing. I stood up for myself. I stood up for others. U know what happened both times? I was drugged, locked up, and dragged away by the police.

I don't feel ok. And I pray everyday for the return of G-d's angels.

/\
Last edited by starkind; 03-31-2022 at 09:03 PM..
Old 04-01-2022, 09:11 AM
Banned

🙏
Old 04-01-2022, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Erre I mean, code 187 ☺😇🤫🤗
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

/\
.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-+-
. l
./\
Old 04-01-2022, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

^
||
||..[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]._
()--+-| |
o... l...V
.... /\
Old 04-01-2022, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

"The foundation of the economy is labor," he said Wednesday. "So what happens if you don't actually have a labor shortage? I'm not sure what an economy even means at that point. That's what Optimus is about. So – very important."
-Elon

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon...product-2022-1