Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

Default Ok. This is not classic. Why won't you revive the sleeper?

Seriously, we came here to re-live the dream of EQ. I thought that was the whole point. Not be screwed by top level players again who literally just want to screw people. The GM's mess with Leash, agro, range, sit casting, ToV mobs rooted, Vender recharge (if your on red).

WHAT IS THE LOGICAL REASON FOR LEAVING THE SLEEPER DEAD? other than to be JUST AS MUCH A TROLL AS THE PEOPLE THAT WOKE IT?
Old 07-11-2019, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

IIRC, It's supposed to be a 1-time event per server that affects zones outside of Velious, from Permafrost to Naggy's Lair, Skyshrine, etc. That results in a LOT of zone disruption.

The most valuable loot from the Warders (Primal Velium) can be obtained from other boss mobs in Sleeper's Tomb, so there's no reason to respawn them.

I imagine the decision to leave The Sleeper dead is because this is where Project 1999 ends at Velious, and respawning him just to have him wake up possibly less than 24 hours later and begin steamrolling all of creation for the lulz is pretty dumb, but that's just speculation from a broke Lizard.
Last edited by Xulia; 07-11-2019 at 11:12 AM.. Reason: Clarification of a fragmented sentence
Old 07-11-2019, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IIRC, It's supposed to be a 1-time event per server that affects zones outside of Velious, from Permafrost to Naggy's Lair, Skyshrine, etc. That results in a LOT of zone disruption.

The most valuable loot from the Warders (Primal Velium) can be obtained from other boss mobs in Sleeper's Tomb, so there's no reason to respawn them.

I imagine the decision to leave The Sleeper dead is because this is where Project 1999 ends at Velious, and respawning him just to have him wake up possibly less than 24 hours later and begin steamrolling all of creation for the lulz is pretty dumb, but that's just speculation from a broke Lizard.

they drop some amazing stuff other then primals.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewkeng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they drop some amazing stuff other then primals.
True, and they are very nice items - Shroud of Longevity, Shield of the Clawed Guardian etc.

Sucks that they (probably) won't drop again, but plenty of items no longer drop and we have to live with it.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

I think it would be cool if a quest line was put in and not announced and if somehow someone happens to discover / solve it, the sleeper would be revived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil View Post
If an event happens on the red server, but no one is there to play it, does it still occur?
Old 07-11-2019, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Support for keeping the Sleeper gone was always going to wane over time.

Right after it woke no one (well, almost no one) wanted it to respawn. Doing that would have reduced the "epic-ness" of the event. But as time passed and the people involved left the server.
... and even the people who just heard about it left ... naturally fewer and fewer people cared about "the epic-ness".

If you did a poll today I don't know what the results would be, but I know the idea would have more support. And if you did a poll in say ten years, when almost no one will even remember the original waking, I can all but guarantee support would be at 90+%.

Of course, Rogean and Nilbog do what they want, but it's not like they were strongly committed to a one-time Sleeper. During Velious beta they actually did a poll asking what the player base thought should happen. It seems to me they're open to the community's opinion, and likely sometime before ten years from now the tide will shift enough that they return the Sleeper.

So, if you look at a timeline you've got the original waking a few years ago, and you have ten years from now when Sleeper will very likely be back. And what's in between those two points, after Green? Custom content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkyle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it would be cool if a quest line was put in and not announced and if somehow someone happens to discover / solve it, the sleeper would be revived.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:07 PM
Orc

Shroud of Longevity Rotted on TAKP on Tuesday night. I shed a tear for all my old P99 friends.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairmuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shroud of Longevity Rotted on TAKP on Tuesday night. I shed a tear for all my old P99 friends.
Christ, don't feel sorry for us. On P99 get the best EQ ever had to offer before Luclin crapped on the game. Though I will admit PoP was great fun!
Old 07-11-2019, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldan4 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously, we came here to re-live the dream of EQ.

Somebody already lived it. Sorry that you missed it, good luck next go around.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somebody already lived it. Sorry that you missed it, good luck next go around.
Classic AF
Closed Thread