Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 10:34 AM
Orc

I'd like it to stay as is so when green characters are forced onto blue the experience can still be somewhat the same.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, plz plz plz plz. I am all for this totally. Implement QoL features on blue once Green goes live. As stated above, the Greens can be all the hardcore knuckleheads screaming CLASSIC CLASSIC CLASSIC!!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2019, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

troll racial crafting
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

These quality of life people are a plague. They will never stop. Do not give them an inch. Literally all they care about is increasing the ease with which they can acquire pixels. It's bad enough they use the grossly unclassic UI and timer programs. Then they start asking for unclassic hotbars and keyrings, soon it will be spellsets and God knows what else. If this type had their druthers we would soon be running around on mounts, quaffing XP, health and mana potions and farming Luclin and PoP-era loot off of Velious dragons, because, well, why not? Quality of Life is everything!

Anyone advocating unclassic QoL changes should have their accounts temporarily suspended until they level an untwinked Dark Elf warrior to 60 on Green. Then they can complain about how bad the QoL is on Blue.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Not everyone wants QoL features to make the game easier.
an example of a QoL feature that doesn't make the game easier is item linking. it reduces chat spam and makes trading smoother. beyond that, there is no benefit to it.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hada79 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I was wondering now that Green is going live that maybe we could add a few convenience features onto blue.
There's a lot of negative feedback here, but I think it has to do a lot with timing. Honestly, I think that's a very valid question to ask ... in a couple years.

Someday, when Green is running smoothly along, and the devs are done with classic coding and get to write their own custom zones, I think some QoL stuff might be on the table for Blue.

I think one of the most likely features is shared bank slots, because they could help cut down on CSR time (imagine the staff never having to take a "I lost something in a drop transfer" petition ever again). Other QoL improvements might be on the table if they help the staff somehow, or are minor enough and are something that don't require extra coding (ie. something Blue used to have and got removed).

But really all that sort of talk is premature right now: we don't even have a classic server yet, and even once we do the staff will be focused on it for the foreseeable future. Blue's arc does seem to be going towards a sort of 1.5 of classic (not as classic as Green, with custom UI and pet windows, but still very classic). Because of that, some QoL improvements might someday fall under Blue/Classic 1.5 ...

... but it's entirely up to R&N and I don't see them wanting to even put any thought into Blue anytime soon.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-29-2019, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vx36 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like it to stay as is so when green characters are forced onto blue the experience can still be somewhat the same.
This is the best answer.
Old 09-29-2019, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

LFG window functional
Old 09-29-2019, 02:50 PM
Skeleton

Default Don't Chane Blue

I'd rather Blue not change at all. I know there are some non-classic features in it (e.g. item linking), but not messing with it at all would be the best thing at this point.

If any changes at all were to be made, how about we give these servers cool names rather than colors?
Old 09-29-2019, 03:53 PM
Kobold

I don't care about maps, and I've made do without the second hotbar, but I agree on shared bank and for the love of all that is holy, the guild window.
Dialectica Logicae - Gnome Wizard
Tuminy Altz - Halfling Druid
Tipsey McStaggers - Ogre Shaman
Medikku Saishi - Koada'Dal Cleric
Lavander Gooms - Teir'Dal Cleric
Closed Thread