Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 05:27 PM
Kobold

A 52 monk 100% solo'd both of them on live with wort pots. In fact, there exists a solo log of it that showed vox/naggy only having 25k hp.

If you had puppet strings with a hasted pet with conflag daggers and valiant companion you would destroy vox.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

Congratulations!
Old 11-15-2019, 06:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It had some glory days I guess. It was several hundred for the launch and 200ish for a couple years I think. Red players blame server mechanics and some issues with certain staff members who aren't around any more for ruining the server. Blue players tend to blame red players "griefing" new players off the server. Once it fell below critical mass, it could never lure in more people and kept bleeding members.

I gave red two good tries in the past. Guilds were excited to have new players, leveling is fast, you got a lot of help getting caught up so you could participate in raids and fights at the upper end. Getting wrecked in PVP when you're by yourself is just another thing to get used to, part of the red eq game. Some people can't handle it. Some people didn't give it a legit try. Some people just don't like it.

Honestly anyone who complains about "ultra-griefers" is probably someone who insisted on leveling in unrest or uguk and bound at the zoneline and kept feeding themselves into the meat grinder of a shadowknight twink again and again because they'd rather bitch about it and quit than have any sort of intelligence or energy to try something different... like not sit in the biggest zone for a twink to feed on low level players all the time, or refrain from bitching a little bit so that other players don't hate you and actually will come help you out, or something along those lines.
People have legit done this on red https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLyM...y8t0HjyHEU1KID this is why red died

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 11-15-2019, 06:52 PM
Kobold

To answer the OP's question yes all of classic EQ raiding is cheese because there are no caps on the amount of players you can bring to an encounter and there's an impossibly large array of abilities, spells, clickies, etc that can be combined in infinitely many ways. It's part of what gives the game its dynamic feel vs on-a-rail encounters found in later MMOs.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People have legit done this on red https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLyM...y8t0HjyHEU1KID this is why red died
I played on Red for a while, I remember the twinks being kind of annoying, there was a lvl 12 or so wizard in Crushbone who sat on the wall out of melee range, had Robe of Azure Sky, Epic, and probably nearly best in slot loot, He would just log on periodically kill anyone around him and then log off. That was annoying but I didn't mind it too much, those people lose interest quickly, and you end up out leveling them anyway.

The annoying part to me was as I got higher level, it stopped being 1 player griefing and instead would be the entire top guild. While I do think EQ PvP could be fun, on Red it was always one zerg guild eliminating the chance of any real PvP.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Can't beat 30 people in ToV gear porting on to your group and a half in hate trying to get some trash rots.
Closed Thread