Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

IF yeahlight really...truly...irrevocably(sp sorry) gives 0 fucks...he should release his work for free.

if not, then he's a fucking retard.

There is no option...either he'll end up living out the rest of his reputation as a douchbag bitch or could end up a hero for crowdsourcing the completion of what he started...

it's up to him.
but something tells he's a gigantic faggot
Old 10-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoils [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IF yeahlight really...truly...irrevocably(sp sorry) gives 0 fucks...he should release his work for free. but something tells he's a gigantic faggot
That is exactly what he said he would do in the event that he would walk away from the project. To quote YL himself

"If Harakiri and I both decide to walk away from the project, our work would most likely be made available. If we do decide to create our own server, I doubt we would release the work."

But because he's a widdle ball of hurt covered in babytears, hes going to take his ball home I guess.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

The guy set himself up a contingency plan, if he reversed his stance and made his own server nobody would complain. But he probably knew all along that he would never finish it and wanted to fall back on that "well I said i would only do it if SOE was involved" which anyone with a functioning brain knew would not happen.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Now hes digging at p99.

Harakiri still has access to the source and I believe he plans to continue working with it. If he ever decides to stop working on this project, we will then discuss what to do with the source, but please understand that the last thing we want is for someone to take our unfinished work and launch a half-assed server with the intention of defrauding a player base with RMT and donation schemes.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowlife [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now hes digging at p99.

Harakiri still has access to the source and I believe he plans to continue working with it. If he ever decides to stop working on this project, we will then discuss what to do with the source, but please understand that the last thing we want is for someone to take our unfinished work and launch a half-assed server with the intention of defrauding a player base with RMT and donation schemes.
I almost feel bad for all those suckers that spent these past years visiting his forum falling for that "true" classic experience bullshit. They could have been here having fun instead.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowlife [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now hes digging at p99.

what a fucking retard...if server GMs were gonna have RMT and donation schemes...it'd be a ghosttown...he must think people are really that retarded...

or are theyyyyyy....mmmm...

release the fucking code moran!
Old 10-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Worst day of my life knowing that the only EQ I'll ever have is p99 and that it is a steaming pile of undigested corn shelly shit. I have nothing left now. - backman_66
This made me lol
Old 10-18-2013, 04:09 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't think hes talking about us, probably some of the other servers that do literally reward donations with items and other pay to win shit.

And if he's talking about us, putting his troll rumor mill bandwagoning aside, I wouldn't give a fuck about his code. Do not want.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Aviak

Yeah I worked on a cure for cancer for 5 years straight- Right when I almost had the cure I gave up. Makes perfect sense.

Release the shit. There are plenty of people who would "respect" YL if he released the code and a classic content came out. Hell---- Give it to Rogean and lets do this fucking shit right. Most people don't have the common knowledge of programming to do this or we would all fucking do it. Instead we are workers (in your community) helping you do other things so you can sit and program shit for our enjoyment.

Stop wasting peoples time and we won't be so critical of your idiot plan to program one of the best games in MMO history. Now I wonder why people are upset YL...think about it.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

Some guy on their forums already said that, stating...

"Let's be honest, released server code would most likely just end up at P99 where they already have a pretty solid data base and player base. It would let purists have their skies and spell particles while still having a consolidated classic community."

To which YL responded

"You are assuming my database's schema has much in common with PEQ's, which it does not; mapping their data to my schema would be a nightmare. Harakiri also wrote his own LUA scripting engine, which is incompatible with EQEmu's PERL engine, thus all of PEQ's scripts are mostly useless. You are also assuming people want to actually play in the Trilogy client. Ask the testers how difficult it was to go back to this, especially those familiar with EQTitanium and beyond. Finally, you are assuming people would blindly replace their server code with ours. Regardless of superior mechanic implementations, we have not had years of play go through our work, thus it is ripe with exploitation possibilities."
Closed Thread