Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 07:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default fresh warrior gear question

hello all, i recently started playing on proj99, really enjoying it so far, but havent gotten a char above 13 yet. While I was trying out classes then I decided to make a wood elf warrior, like the elves and tanking has always been my thing. My question is about the gear, then I have been reading that a set of banded will set someone up pretty good and maybe obsidian shards 16+, what should i be using before I can get these though? just try for random starter mob drops and save up cash or what?
Old 08-13-2013, 08:47 AM
Sarnak

Use pretty much whatever you can get your hands on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have a Jarsath Trident and Viik's Dark Defender you can have, as well as a full set of medium banded, if you're interested.

Shoot me a PM here and we can get together in-game, otherwise you can find me on Sicca / Mely / Soph / Year on the server.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Grab some (small) banded. If you are a small race hang around in unrest/mistmoore once you're 19ish and you can pick up (small) bronze armour. If you are motivated and make friends you should be able to have a full set of crafted quested by level 30ish.

In the meantime the polished granite tomohawk is a good secondary weapon when you first learn dual wield; 1) rune procs are reasonable aggro (with an aoe element) and help you tank 2) you can get procs off failed dual wield attempts so offhand procs are more useful than swings until you get your dw skills up.

At your level you can grab some 2AC earrings off the taskmaster in crushbone.

If you need cash kill the bandits or nybright sisters in lesser faydark. Once your level 17ish you can hit up kurns tower in kunark and camp an Iksar Beserker Club, pretty much the best non twink/EC weapon you'll find for a long time.

If you are going to use Easy-mart your best investment is weapons. A ranger can tank dark blues fine in leather till the 20s so warriors should be just as good/better.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

nice, thanks for the info =)
Old 08-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Banned

I started a warrior as my first toon on the server, so let me warn you: it's a struggle at first. Don't be discouraged when you see twinked SKs/Paladins running around being way better than you.

Try to get your hands on some Obsidian Shards ASAP. They proc at around level 25 and are cheap, like 100pp per. Sometimes people will be nice and give them to noobie warriors cause you're so gear dependent and unable to make cash. Once you have 2 obsid shards you'll have a lot more reliable aggro holding.

Another great weapon is Green Jade Broadsword. You can get one for 250pp on the low end in EC, and the stats are really unbeatable at the level/price.

I think I was dual wielding a cracked staff/fine steel scimitar till like level 14. Then I got a gnoll hide lariat or some shit. Just get through the levels. You'll be weak, but get into groups and leech exp.

For armor:
Enameled Black Chestplate has great AC and is only 200pp
Sarnak Hide mask has good STR, around 300
I prefer the Grotesque Mask for the DEX buff for increased procs, i think I got it for ~200
Go to Sol A and MM and you can get drops for your crafted gear.

All in all: you're going to be gear dependent. Spend time researching where you can get what at your level, and what makes sense to buy. Once you're around level 30 you can camp Groi Gutblade spawn in South Karana. He drops bags and rings of shadow both worth about 300pp. I farmed him while working for a few weeks and it paid for JBoots (a must) cultural armor, and then some.

GL man. If you need help or tips whisper Filbus.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

thanks alot for the info fil, i'm still kinda far from 30, only 16 atm cause im holding back to level with some friends, but i'll keep that camp in mind at 30

always nice to have some money making tips before hand =P
Closed Thread