Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 03:20 AM
Kobold

great work all
Old 08-27-2013, 09:35 AM
Sarnak

So war strat would look something closer to mallet 5x, then epic wait for debuff, then back to yaks/vp/botbde and back to red epic as needed?

Assuming mob is still alive? Raid mob speaking
Old 08-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

when using 2x Blood Points, i have to be careful in order to not steal agro off our guild's 60 Epic warrior. i've been WTFing about it for awhile. epic proc being bugged would make sense to me.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when using 2x Blood Points, i have to be careful in order to not steal agro off our guild's 60 Epic warrior. i've been WTFing about it for awhile. epic proc being bugged would make sense to me.
This goes back to what the original community thought. 14+11 = 25/24; the blood points are 10+11 = 21/21. So from a melee hate perspective they are very close. And then you only get 2PPM because you have no proc in the offhand. So if you get some lucky rolls with DA/DW and a few lifetap procs and the epic warrior is a bit unlucky, you'll pull aggro. Over the long term the blood points can't compare though; my sperglord spreadsheet suggests 64 vs 49 hate/sec.

At least to me, the takeaway for this thread is that currently and after any potential changes the Blade of Strategy is still the best weapon for the primary slot overall. The aggro is about the same as VP/BOTBDE and clearly better than the Sarnak Warhammer or Ringed Mace (which isn't all that fast itself). Plus you get 120 hitpoints, 5/all resists, and 10 strength; unless you are an ogre and went full sta, you can probably find a way to shuffle your gear to get all of those hitpoints. What sucks is the Blade of Tactics. This is kinda rough for warriors because it means not only do you need the epic but you need a VP offhand as well. But it does make me feel that my nearly 1M contribution to the TMO guildbank was reasonably well spent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Last edited by Splorf22; 08-27-2013 at 11:08 AM..
Old 08-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

so epic just takes longer to build the hate, but it ends up building more of it?

sort of a bummer really. it would be nice if the DPS could jump in ASAP.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:13 PM
Kobold

Lifetap procs from Bloodpoint should be close to 0 aggro, because lifetap spells are close to 0 aggro. So if you're drawing aggro from epic wars with blood points, I'd say there is a problem indeed
Old 08-27-2013, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because lifetap spells are close to 0 aggro.
that's just a myth.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's just a myth.
Why? We could test it like we tested DC/SV with Loraen and Cucumbers and Coeur if you want. But as someone who has casted a few lifetaps in his EQ career I can tell you they're very very little aggro. If I have to jump in to save someone by taking aggro off them, if Taunt won't succeed, spamming DC/SV/DC/SV will work eventually no matter how many tons of hate they got. With lifetaps I'll be oom and they'll be dead long before the mob gives a shit about me. I can tell you that...
Old 08-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

i've cast a few lifetaps in my career too. lifetaps may not be the absolute best choice for agro, but they produce much more than 0 hate.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

i love this thread! however it does make me wonder if i should just take my time to get my epic...i have the green scale already...but ifffff it kinda sucks compared being able to get a BoTBDE+otheryummygear...might be worth it to just unload it?

i guess the question is...do i wanna go Epic+RMoY or Botbde+RMoY
Closed Thread