Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

I would assume lifetaps are 1 hate per damage done, so 80 for a blood point proc. It's pretty small compared to the 750 for a BOTBDE, but not zero. I'd imagine as an SK Dagorn barely noticed his lifetap aggro in comparison to disease cloud and shadow vortex.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 08-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

I can actually hold agro decently well with just dual Blood Points though, so I feel like they generate more hate than just that. I realize this is just anecdotal, though. Perhaps I'll do some legit tests sometime (or help someone else with their tests).
Old 08-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoils [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So war strat would look something closer to mallet 5x, then epic wait for debuff, then back to yaks/vp/botbde and back to red epic as needed?

Assuming mob is still alive? Raid mob speaking
2 hammers 3 or 4 if you don't proc in the first 30 seconds. Ill be keeping my vp stuff on full time.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

yeaaaa...i may just get rid of my green scale after all this parsing happened...gonna give it another week before i decide that i should acquire items that don't drop anymore
Old 08-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Kobold

Well we should test lifetaps as we did with other spells to sort it out, i'm genuinely curious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I also assumed until now it was 1 hate for 1 lifetap point. Maybe it's more, like 2 per (1 for damage, 1 for the heal).

Worth a shot!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

I'd be down to test that. I'd also like to see what the Fangol proc does in terms of hate.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:25 AM
Banned

Sounds like ya should have went dark elf warrior with maxed Dex. Red sword proc 5x in a row. GL getting aggro off meh!
Old 08-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Rage of Vallon has a duration, but it's just an insta +500 hate and 100 damage, maybe they accidentally coded it to do 25 hate per tick?
Old 08-28-2013, 10:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rage of Vallon has a duration, but it's just an insta +500 hate and 100 damage, maybe they accidentally coded it to do 25 hate per tick?
according to the recent findings, the +500 hate was an upgrade beyond p99's timeline...so most of that is pretty moot at this point...

apparently it's supposed to be an AC/ATK debuff, which within itself should have some sicknasty aggro

also we've established that hate generation back then was different and somewhat based on the mob's HP...which could be a HUGE upgrade to all wars...and deathsentence to casters/anyone who decides to use a proc based weapon
Old 08-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sak's tests wouldn't rule that out -- but it's more likely that it has the duration because that is just the way it is. On live, when it originally had the debuff, it lasted 2 minutes. They took away the debuff portion and just made it +500hate and 100dd, but left the 'duration' aspect in. This became problematic later on when AA's introduced an ability to have a critical proc -- but it didn't work with any weapons that had a duration. AFAIK it still has a duration on live.

It should be all 500 hate up front. I suppose we can do some testing to verify this. If it is doing x hate per tick then it's not only not correct for the era (should be a debuff), it's also not working as it is on live.

From what we learned in the bugs forum -- aggro up until Feb 21st, 2001, should be stupid easy to obtain. The values should be higher than what we can see from Alla/other sites that measured after 2001. As it is now, it seems these values ARE higher.

The change in 2001 capped the amount of hate a debuff can do -- which I assume is for both spells and procs. It has some sort of HP component that made it insanely OP in velious against high-HP mobs.

What I am guessing is this: the debuff generated decent aggro, not quite as good as +500hate, but fairly close. It may or may not have been resistible, generating no hate. For some reason, warriors back then thought it sucked. Velious gets released and they need to nerf it, due to it likely being way over powered. +500 hate was settled on, which may have been inline with what the debuff had been doing, or it may have been slightly higher to appease the bitching wars, OR it may actually be somewhat lower, figuring they did "nerf" hate at that point.
Last edited by khanable; 08-28-2013 at 10:55 AM..
Closed Thread