Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

ac/atk debuff wasn't sick nasty aggro on live (but it wasn't bad), except against raid mobs early in Velious. Regardless, 600 hate should not be easily outdone by every other weapon in the book.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Fire Giant

I am fairly sure whenever blade of carnage received its hate proc addition whenever that was, was when they changed it to hate rather then an ac/atk debuff. It should probably be the OP in Velious version by now -ac/atk.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Aggro should be high for debuff spells only (on boss mobs), they scaled as a % of mob hp. Stuns and such did not scale in this manner.

Debuffs include slows/counters/-any stat or resist.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Correct. So the warrior epic shouldn't be as good as it is now (maybe equal on big boy mobs?), but will likely be insanely OP in velious for a little while.
Last edited by khanable; 08-28-2013 at 11:19 AM..
Old 08-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am fairly sure whenever blade of carnage received its hate proc addition whenever that was, was when they changed it to hate rather then an ac/atk debuff. It should probably be the OP in Velious version by now -ac/atk.
It was changed in the aggro patch early Velious. I used to parse the spdat extensively and i distinctly remember it being the opposite of jolt during Velious.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you know when this took place? Wasn't it near Luclin?

We have someone posting on Alla on Feb 28th 2001 listing the spdat.eff data showing the proc was changed to +500hate, which is basically a week after the patch was introduced to change up hate.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct. So the warrior epic shouldn't be as good as it is now, but will likely be insanely OP in velious for a little while.
Correct, and casters attempting to debuff should get smacked down until procs happen.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ac/atk debuff wasn't sick nasty aggro on live (but it wasn't bad), except against raid mobs early in Velious. Regardless, 600 hate should not be easily outdone by every other weapon in the book.
so...given the findings, Epic really should be better than Botbde/rmoy/vp, etc...specifically with high HP mobs...but it is plausible that those non-epic/vp weapons could be better than epic in a group setting with low hp mobs.

hopefully we can all pool a conclusion, with proof, and see if GM's will change things...

It appears this could turn into a HUGE patch.

But yes, I definitely remember on velious raids, chanters saying in guildchat "ohay gaiz, i'm gonna tash, have a click stick ready for me". ahhhh it's all coming back!

I definitely remember wars having to say "hold up guys, let me get aggro, so only clerics heal me until i proc a couple times, then wait for me BURN message"

ahhh memories!
Old 08-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not convinced it'll be better than vp stun weapons even on 32k hp mobs. Probably about right in line with what it is currently at.

On group shit it'll likely not be great (this goes along with one of the links I found where the complaint was it was bad for groups). Come velious.. yea.. overpowered. What I am thinking is {base value} + maxhp/x, where x is some arbitrary idiotic number the intern came up with that works out OK for old world/kunark mobs but goes to shit on velious mobs.

Maybe some nerdy enchanter did some hate tests on Tash back in this time period (after many of them got pissed about constantly dying on velious encounters?)

I'll need to start digging for that info. If we can find a disgruntled enchanter trying to come up with an approximate hate equation for debuffs/slows we may be in business here.

Sak you should do some tests with your enchanter to see where debuffs are currently sitting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by khanable; 08-28-2013 at 12:01 PM..
Old 08-28-2013, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

if Tash is uber agro in Velious, maybe warriors should all pick up Journeyman's Walking Sticks? =p