Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

Default Need before greed in pickup groups?

This used to be the way I saw it happening back on live for the most part. I never understood it to be honest, everyone in the group is doing their part and something drops, everyone should roll, shouldnt they? They could sell the item to get a much needed upgrade as well.

What are your opinions?
Powerful 51 Iksar Monk
Old 02-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Large Bat

Helping gear up the folks that you are grouped with is great so far as i am concerned, but "need before greed" was never even a concept back on Veeshan.
Monk Green
Old 02-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Fire Giant

greed rolls all the way. nbg is retarded
Old 02-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

My two rules for grouping:

1) Don't expect groups to be generous. They can be, and it's good to try to be helpful to one another for mutual gain; but you can't force them to be generous. We all play this game for ultimately self-interested reasons, if nothing else because we personally enjoy it.

2) Don't assume everyone agrees. Set ground rules on loot from the start. It's no good arguing that you had a different assumption about loot than the other guy - assumptions are worth less than nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshayla701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
greed rolls all the way. nbg is retarded
<333333
Powerful 51 Iksar Monk
Old 02-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Banned

The only camps I could see this being an issue at would be something that dropped a high $$ item such as frenzy, lord, or efreeti where items are all worth 5k+. In this case it should probably be discussed beforehand on how it will be handled.

I'm pro nbg because I don't give a shit about a 300plat RMB, and you shouldn't either or you're just an asshole imo.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only camps I could see this being an issue at would be something that dropped a high $$ item such as frenzy, lord, or efreeti where items are all worth 5k+. In this case it should probably be discussed beforehand on how it will be handled.

I'm pro nbg because I don't give a shit about a 300plat RMB, and you shouldn't either or you're just an asshole imo.
You bring up a good point. I'd probably say 1k+ items. I've seen people cry they needed some piece of loot just to witness it for sale in EC 15 minutes later.
Powerful 51 Iksar Monk
Old 02-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

take the fungi king camp for example, pretty ridiculous to call NBG considering everyone's there for the same reason..

that being said, take Juggs for example - if I'm in a group where Sebilite Croaking Dirk drops and a caster rolls on it, well you can bet your ass I'm randoming on all your high level spells and will gladly sell them to you.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcbard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What about BnB when GCB drops... WRU ESTU???? <3
Old 02-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Aviak

And then they made World of Warcraft to fix these problems...
Closed Thread