Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

Default Tried to join a DND group on Facebook, instead got ranted at.

I received a screen cap of my application to join a DND group on the Book of Faces

Included in that picture was the group's question and my answer:
Are you a Social Justice Warrior?
I Played a barbarian shaman type character who followed the gods of Justice. Does this count?

Anyway, I got massively weird vibes from this conversation and had to share it with someone. Apologies to DNDgroupAdmin if you play here. I guess now you know the man behind the halfling skin mask.

I just wanted to share my love of roleplay. Instead I was the recipient of rants and venting. Was I wrong to get weirded out?

DNDgroupAdmin
You have google search in England?

Jimjam
yes

DNDgroupAdmin
Oh, good...then I am sure you can answer your own question in the image above.

JJ
I'm a little confused as to why you are messaging me this?

DNDgroupAdmin
you requested to my group...you answered a question with a question, so I am showing you your request.....if you don't understand the question, use google...but you just seem confused anyway.

JJ
and couldn't you have answered your own question as to whether there is google in the uk

DNDgroupAdmin
anyway... saul goodman.

JJ
very good

JJ
I was a little confused as to what the question has to do with dnd. It seemed best to deflect it with a joke.

Have you had particular problems with people who either describe themselves as social justice warrior, or reverse. It seems an odd thing for someone to want to label themselves as either being or not.

DNDgroupAdmin
You have no idea.....if you google Social Justice Warrior, they would have me bow to their "SJW" God.....I am not subservient....I prefer leaders and not followers....so my group is full of just guys that want to be guys, not some "made up" pronoun.....My group is the antithesis of 5th edition D&D....We all grew up in the 70's and 80's and played the TSR games in my group...not WOTC or HASBRO "my little pony" garbage.

JJ
I have a loose concept of what a social justice warrior is, and have no experience of 5th ed so don't have a point of reference for what it means to be the antithesis of it. I grew up in the 80s/90s myself. The chessmaster at secondary school ran a dnd club using 2nd ed

DNDgroupAdmin
I think your Mayor in London pretty much sums up what I dislike about the SJW. All hypocrisy. I lived in Europe 10 years ...5 in Sweden and 5 in Greece. I just came back to this stuff in 2013....I am sure you are aware of the social justice movement going on in the UK. There are those for Brexit and those against it. If you are for it, you are subservient to the EU and Belgium. Pretty simple really.

DNDgroupAdmin
If you are against Brexit, I meant

If you are for staying in the EU, which I cannot imagine....then you give up your British culture....which I cannot imagine.

JJ
I'm going to be honest, I wasn't really wanting to join this group for political reasons. I was just hoping to rekindle an interest in an old hobby.

I lived in Greece for a couple of years too

DNDgroupAdmin
I was in Thessaloniki

JJ
I visited there, love the plaza.

but anyway, it's getting pretty late and due to my lack of sleep I'm getting some weird vibes so I'm going to dip out. Good luck with your group!

DNDgroupAdmin
You want to stay away from political issues, but go over to the 5th edition group and mention orcs. You will immediately realize that the world of the liberal SJW has become insane
Old 04-28-2020, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Slaughtered me:

DNDgroupAdmin
You want to stay away from political issues, but go over to the 5th edition group and mention orcs. You will immediately realize that the world of the liberal SJW has become insane
Old 04-28-2020, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe he was roleplaying and you failed the test to get in.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

intersectionality is right in the same way marxism is right

the human brain is a "silly git", OP
Old 04-28-2020, 09:32 PM
Fire Giant

yikes
Old 04-28-2020, 09:36 PM
Sarnak

the only thing worse than playing a 20 year old computer game is playing a 60 year old board game
Old 04-28-2020, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
You have no idea.....if you google Social Justice Warrior, they would have me bow to their "SJW" God.....I am not subservient....I prefer leaders and not followers....so my group is full of just guys that want to be guys, not some "made up" pronoun.....My group is the antithesis of 5th edition D&D....We all grew up in the 70's and 80's and played the TSR games in my group...not WOTC or HASBRO "my little pony" garbage.
lol, sounds like the guy who got me into EQ a little bit. I heard some table top games got 'the treatment' for inclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Slaughtered me:

DNDgroupAdmin
I was making fun of it recently on twitter. Orcs needing a shrink Can any of you see Emperor Crush in a commercial? talking about his feelings.

Orc Smash, Orc Kill, Orc make your blood spill!

Crushbone, an Everquest story part 1, 2 and 3

Really just ripping hard on the orcs that look like they were made for Overwatch, WoW or Fortnite. I erased the rant. Next day #Orcs are trending on twitter with people going on about how racist it is. Comparing them to real people and what they represent. Then the response to that was "white slowflakes incels upset and feel like their fantasy is being attacked"

Lol.. pwning. But its gross how the console controller/ mobile generation is with this stuff. So I get what the guy was going for in his messages about the old D&D, JimJam. This is pwning so the old guys need their safe space or else they will snowflake over their precious nerd shit. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-28-2020, 09:55 PM
Banned

so White & Nerdy

You know we argue with new people here on P99 forums because WoW is their only reference point. Some of them are ok. This isn't WoW though.

So that guy was probably screening you and a bit defensive so he didn't let in some loon that goes about wrecking the place.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:59 PM
Aviak

these are the kind of nerds that we're allowed to poke fun at, guys
Biggest Ego 2021 - {Your Advertisement Here}
Old 04-28-2020, 10:02 PM
Fire Giant

OP I think you dodged a bullet