Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 06:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by watbab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
disabling luclin models does help quite a bit

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

tbh I'm just surprised to see this many people in PoK bank this many years later
It's probably one RL dude boxing them all.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by watbab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
disabling luclin models does help quite a bit
would have to agree.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's probably one RL dude boxing them all.
Quite possibly. I've heard of people boxing 36 players at times.

And, most of the time, there's so many people afk behind pok bank, or in the guild lobby, all it does is lag you the hell out.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

u can turn the luclin models off, there may even be mounts for the normal models now

people are addicted to their lifelong live friendships, i know if i didn't commit suicide out of the military back in 05 i would still be with my guildmates on live but i had a few years where i basically lost my corpse

the game is also not that bad

if I could be a dragonfairy I would, but there is a dragonfairy illusion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

looking forward to a merc, why box when u can molo or grab 1 other person and have 2 people 2 mercs

I'm considering investing in a dx9 erra card and a small SSD just for this game to either dual boot or run in tandem with my 5700 which is a bit buggy cuz it doesnt have full dx9 support under MS

Anyway classic and live both have different merits. I still think classic is purer.

Sadly Velious and the neckbeards aren't classic here.... so I am more interested in soloing on live and having alts on r99

There is a lot of non-classic content that was really great that I missed out on. That I can now casually approach with a few friends on my own hours, not at 3am.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:28 PM
Kobold

are these supposed to be the same pixies that have little town and whatnot in lfay?
Old 05-11-2020, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
are these supposed to be the same pixies that have little town and whatnot in lfay?
you know i never tested faction with them, but the brownies... maybe those pixies start off indifferent to almost everyone that doesn't worship innoruuk they are like the most innocent creatures of norrath, and every quest and tradeskill begs players to kill them
Old 05-11-2020, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you know i never tested faction with them, but the brownies... maybe those pixies start off indifferent to almost everyone that doesn't worship innoruuk they are like the most innocent creatures of norrath, and every quest and tradeskill begs players to kill them
You know they are not real.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know they are not real.
you are about to engage me in a philosophical discussion of what is real...

look these faeries like exist within the human concious ness, the entire stream, flowing through time, and have resurfaced in EQ again, they are 'quite real' in that sense.. when EQ dies, and so do we, some child who once heard of their crazy uncle who became an aunt because of the fearie creatures will write some silly stone carving in the after time of when everyone dies of methane and c02 poisoning.

we are going to keep having faeries unless we can scour all life from this planet, and it is very much likely that a rock fell from the sky with a frakkin faerie on it anyway and our ape answesters smacked it with a rock and there were fires and so the faerie goddess made fire and prometheous was a homo---

-

ssapien...

== real faeries bro
Old 05-12-2020, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

You can also turn off the special armor models if you wanted to keep Luclin models on without seeing the armor monstrosities.

AFAIK there is no way to turn off the retarded looking mercenaries and illusions that people can get/buy.

Like 95% of the upgraded models in EQ live are objectively worse than their previous versions. It's sad.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

now that I am done spouting propoganda about live I am quite on the fence regarding it lol, it seems like DBG and Darkpaw don't really want to invest in fixing bugs or making the game work real well on modern hardware (just a guess) and that they are going to just milk the pay2play microtransaction model till they are shut down by the mafia cuz the government IRS isn't going to really do anything awful to them

that said, theres like maybe 1 person over there that cares and still wants to make fresh new eq lore and content that is fun and interesting to explore

Darkpaw needs to, Hire a coder. Get their engine working on both vulkan, d3d9, and dx 12. Supercede luclin models. Create an in game knowledgebase so people don't have to deep dive google/allahkhazam for the arcane secrets of the tradeskills and get the bends and cooties aids from the web, create a fresh version of the world that pits lvl 60 newbies against giant rats in qeynos with a clean slate and leather armor tunics that gives +60 ac or doesn't use the same stat systems that the old gear does, so they can start progressing players again

tbh i don't expect the 1 "possibly" american dude over there to keep the chinese code team from screwing it all up if they go for it

They can't shut down EQ 1-and 2 and launch EQ three without creating a massive outrage and losing everyone to the EMU scene for good

I still am enjoying my TLP experience, but it is definitely not a pixel heaven, not like p99 or red99 or takp are, I may forgoe playing on Aradune and just reroll on Vox for a feature complete merc saturated experience
Last edited by magnetaress; 05-12-2020 at 01:09 PM..
Closed Thread