Yes 27 28.13%
No 14 14.58%
George Bush coughed on the towers 55 57.29%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2020, 12:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The individual states need to have weighted rights. That’s why the electoral college exists. I am in favor of keeping it.
Why?
Old 11-07-2020, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why?
If they don’t, states with higher populations can just boss them around. Our forefathers foresaw this and for this reason (among others) we have the electoral college.
Old 11-07-2020, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why?
Helps prevent tyranny by the majority and ensures the government has to pay at least *some* attention to more than just the coastal megalopolis cities.
Old 11-07-2020, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

Because technically the fed shouldnt be making a lot of laws that affedc the lives of people in each state, maybe?

Meaning a lot of environmental law, some states see as totally dumb for their state, and counter productive for their particular climate/region, and many times they are right. This makes them vote against immigration law because there are 2 parties.

Same for the evangelicals.

Basically the problem is, we have a fed that is too powerful for a country, that is too diverse. Maybe?

Im just a dude.
Old 11-07-2020, 12:59 AM
Planar Protector

Abolish the fed
Old 11-07-2020, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because technically the fed shouldnt be making a lot of laws that affedc the lives of people in each state, maybe?

Meaning a lot of environmental law, some states see as totally dumb for their state, and counter productive for their particular climate/region, and many times they are right. This makes them vote against immigration law because there are 2 parties.

Same for the evangelicals.

Basically the problem is, we have a fed that is too powerful for a country, that is too diverse. Maybe?

Im just a dude.
Argument goes both ways. A strong federal government is a double-edged sword. It's kind of beneficial to have when "Libertarian State A" decides to start dumping unprocessed nuclear waste into the river that flows right into "civilized State B." A federal government can also bring a lot more power to bear than any individual state against large multinational corporations and other entities that can and do engage in their own oppression. It's not a simple issue by any means, with probably no perfect solution. A government beholden to the people is a good start. There's too much money in it now for Joe America to have much voice anymore. Corporations-as-people and which have no responsibility to the nation was an abomination of a concept--and that ruling was made a LONG time ago. Today's problems did not crop up overnight.

Same for political parties. Washington warned about those, and he was right. Jefferson was probably right too, and governments have a finite lifespan before they must be renewed. Ours is I think getting past its buy-by date.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 11-07-2020 at 01:08 AM..
Old 11-07-2020, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...for a country, that is too diverse. Maybe?
This is its own separate problem, warranting a separate response. Having what amounts to multiple nations within a single country seldom works out over a long term. That very problem has broken up more countries throughout history than probably any other cause other than foreign invasion. America as a melting pot was a sound concept. America as a salad bowl results in the slow balkanization we're witnessing as the decades creep by. I'm not sure the process can be halted at this point. Humans are not mentally designed to want to co-exist with people whom they despise. 50 states are far too many, but you could probably break the country into at least a few smaller (but still large in their own right) entities and they'd all be happier for it. Unfortunately that's a simple thing to say on a message board, but actually trying to do it in practice would be a very messy proposition so for the time being it cannot be considered practical.

Danth
Old 11-07-2020, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah idk which one really works best as I am just a dude lol I do see the argumetns to both sides.

Anecdotal: I was curious in 2016 so I looked it up, the happiness of the average person from Gov Pence's state was the lowest of any country in America.

But happiness indexes are just some fake thing the devil created to spread his evil mission [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As for parties: I spit in their direction as if they were a rabid dog. They are corporations. Nothing more. We let 2 corporations that dont even build anything, rule us all. I hate it.
Last edited by Jibartik; 11-07-2020 at 01:27 AM..
Old 11-07-2020, 02:56 AM
Planar Protector

Seeing more bargaining than anger or denial now. Progress.
Old 11-07-2020, 03:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seeing more bargaining than anger or denial now. Progress.
projecting old shark man

dem watermarks homie. this shaint over till its over

dont get me wrong, i'd love an obviously corrupt good ol boy in the clubhouse again. it'll be just like old times. and maybe ill get to telework forever
Last edited by bubur; 11-07-2020 at 03:05 AM..
Closed Thread