Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

Ignignokt: Some would say that the Earth is our moon.
Err: We're the moon.
Ignignokt: But that would belittle the name of our moon, which is 'The Moon.'
Last edited by Zithax; 12-26-2009 at 09:40 AM..
Old 12-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LET'S GET OUT OF CONTROL!!!1

I'm all for fairplay on EQ. If there is an established line for a camp, as the guys from <Invalid Guild> will tell you, I honor it. What I don't honor is people who show up randomly and without warning and try to elbow their way into a camp by being pushy. Dotmatrix wasn't waiting for the camp later just like he wasn't earlier. I handed the camp off just for a few minutes and he showed up randomly. I was already on my way back and almost there when he just started attacking. I agree that this situation is sort of a grey area, but I wasn't about to give the benefit of the doubt to someone who tried the same thing earlier and then lied to me about it and accused me of crying. As far as revenge KSing, it's not so much revenge as it is hoping the person will think twice next time. It is sad that the prospect of being KSed by a higher level is the only thing stopping some people from engaging in camp-anarchy. I don't want to get into it really, but one time some guys showed up at my camp and even after I politely told them several times that I had the whole site on lockdown they were rude and refused to find their own site. I logged my main and KSed them three times and they got the picture, I think. It was for the good of everybody! I bet they think twice the next time they're considering trying to camp steal. This game would be a bit more miserable if it wasn't for the standard code of conduct and etiquette that pretty much all of us adhere to. I know I'm not just going to turn the blind eye when someone crosses the line and thinks it's ok.

And Goobles, lol man, I wasn't trying to make it a personal thing. I really didn't mean anything by it, just joking around. Sorry if I offended you.
Sounds good, I felt as you were attempting to mock me per the "Speaky English portion". All good.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allizia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<3 you, but this part is incorrect and a bit shady imo. Food/Water/Pots etc are reasons to leave and let the next person in line have his go, but if someone was holding the camp and they had to evac then the camp was open. Respect your fellow players bro, revenge KSing isn't how we do things either
This sums up my thoughts. I wasn't going to respond because I knew Goobles would take over [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.], but when someone saw the point perfectly I knew credit was due.

and to finish on the 'holding the camp'. If you are going to hand it over temporarily I understand, but to a 29 that can't hold the camp is just silly.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Regardless, snatching the camp is a prick move.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Large Rat

Ok, let me pu my two cents in about Jeremy and his Enchanter Malcolm. (This is Drutt by the way). He tried to pull this horseshit (Brain Freeze can back me up on this) when he claimed to take the entire centaur camp for himself in SK when easily 2 to 3 groups can camp that spot without too much problem of not enough spawns.

Then once he got pissed that we wouldn't leave, he brought his main Jeremy on and started KS'ing me and attacking all the mobs I was going after. He would only start attacking the mobs I started attacking, nothing else.

Anyway, this guy is an asshole.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LET'S GET OUT OF CONTROL!!!1

I'm all for fairplay on EQ. If there is an established line for a camp, as the guys from <Invalid Guild> will tell you, I honor it.
I find this kinda funny, since Jeremy is obviously referring to me with this. It's like he thinks I should be thankful that when I asked to take over a camp when he was done with it he told me that I could not have it and he would be handing it over to a guildmate instead, and that if I was lucky his guild would let me have the camp eventually?

Maybe he just means that when I eventually did get the camp he didn't KS from me (not that he could have out damaged me, anyway)?

Just don't think that's a great example of you being a cool guy about camps, Jeremy.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by svoald [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, let me pu my two cents in about Jeremy and his Enchanter Malcolm. (This is Drutt by the way). He tried to pull this horseshit (Brain Freeze can back me up on this) when he claimed to take the entire centaur camp for himself in SK when easily 2 to 3 groups can camp that spot without too much problem of not enough spawns.

Then once he got pissed that we wouldn't leave, he brought his main Jeremy on and started KS'ing me and attacking all the mobs I was going after. He would only start attacking the mobs I started attacking, nothing else.

Anyway, this guy is an asshole.
You're completely in the wrong, Drutt. Since I had hit 26 on Malcolm I was completely destroying that camp. Sometimes a foal or two would remain, but in general I was going outside the camp to kill that roaming sheltie between pops because I was out of mobs to kill. And you guys showed up and pretty much said "you're sharing, QQ." I politely explained to you what the situation was and how if even one person, let alone a few, were to start killing mobs, it would leave me in a tough situation regarding getting pets, and would leave me waiting quite a bit for pops since I was already waiting as it was. I remember you sarcastically saying something to the effect of "Heaven forbid you might have to wait for spawns! Time to relive the classic experience." I literally asked you a bunch of times to please move on or at least watch me destroy the entire camp before you started jacking spawns. You said something like "For the fourth time, my answer isn't going to change: No." So if you ask me, fair's fair, Drutt. What you tried to pull is bullshit. I logged Jeremy (like I said I would once things went from civil to hostile) and killstole you three times. I'm not going to stand there and take it from you when you're in the wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find this kinda funny, since Jeremy is obviously referring to me with this. It's like he thinks I should be thankful that when I asked to take over a camp when he was done with it he told me that I could not have it and he would be handing it over to a guildmate instead, and that if I was lucky his guild would let me have the camp eventually?

Maybe he just means that when I eventually did get the camp he didn't KS from me (not that he could have out damaged me, anyway)?

Just don't think that's a great example of you being a cool guy about camps, Jeremy.
Perhaps you're not the person I'm thinking of. Maybe it wasn't <Invalid Guild> at all, but I remember hanging around with equiss and magicflow (I think?) at that camp. If I inherit a camp with a pending list, like EE, and the next person is on when I'm done, I see that that person gets the camp and knows of the list. So yeah, if I have a camp and there's not list and a guildie wants it when I'm done, they're going to get it. I'm sorry if you decided to sit there and watch me for 6 hours while I kill EE when the next person could be there in 30 seconds. I never misled you or anyone, and I never was rude enough to say "Maybe you'll get lucky and get it." I tell the facts like they are and deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zobex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are going to hand it over temporarily I understand, but to a 29 that can't hold the camp is just silly.
I watched this guy kill several spectres before I had left. So maybe he hit a snag and all the mobs popped for a minute. It doesn't give you the right to bumrush it. I understand taking it if he can't ever kill any, but this was not the case.

And let it further be known that the two incidents involving Dotmatrix at Oasis spectres were not close together by any means. It's not like he was hanging around waiting to get the camp. The events of which I speak were at least 8 hours apart, and he never showed his face between them or even asked me to hit him up when I was through.
Last edited by quido; 12-26-2009 at 04:05 PM..
Old 12-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Aviak

I think you need a better strategy Jeremy. Killing spectres and then gating to SRO means you are giving up that camp. Leaving such camp to get food/water, etc. is giving up that camp and if your friend dies while trying to hold it, that's his fault.

And I believe that on live if you were to get onto your main and start killing other peoples mobs was considering griefing other players.

Play fair and it's all good.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartagnan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you need a better strategy Jeremy. Killing spectres and then gating to SRO means you are giving up that camp. Leaving such camp to get food/water, etc. is giving up that camp and if your friend dies while trying to hold it, that's his fault.

And I believe that on live if you were to get onto your main and start killing other peoples mobs was considering griefing other players.

Play fair and it's all good.
You guys will have to forgive me if I don't know all the things that you do yet. I am a first-time EQ player (first time MMO player, actually) and am trying to learn as I go along here. I really wasn't sure what the fine print was on leaving a camp. In that situation I could just juggle my charms a little more and not zone, and going forward this is what I will do. I sort of assumed that zoning quickly would be alright since it would actually get me off the camp faster in the end. But I don't mind doing it the right way even if it is more difficult.

As far as our situation, Drutt, I hope we can put it behind us. I don't like leaving bad blood and hostile feelings floating around. I'm sorry I came on Jeremy and killstole you; I was not familiar with the term "griefing" until Allizia and I had a little chat today and I didn't realize that what I did was in poor form even considering the circumstances. I hope you can understand and appreciate that you left me feeling pretty helpless and wronged, but regardless, I am sorry. I'd like to just turn the page and move on, if you don't mind.

And to you, Dotmatrix, I apologize. Since you were a big enough man to admit that you were in the wrong in that first situation, now that I know the facts, it is only fair that I fess up and apologize for that situation later on. Granted it was sort of a grey area to me, but regardless I'm sorry that it came to what it did and that I was an asshole to you. I hope there are no hard feelings and that we can foster a friendly EQ relationship in the future.

And I hope that with this reply that this issue is considered closed and we can all get on with things and pwn some mobs!
Old 12-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Generally speaking, most people will respect the fact you only stepped out a second.

Some people, though, are massive pricks and as such will not. They will pounce on any chance they get to steal your shit.
Closed Thread