Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 09:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Newbie area quests for leveling fast

Anyone have any tips for newbie area quests? I recently started an Iksar Necromancer and found the leveling to be crazy slow. After hailing every NPC I could find I found a Scorpion Pincer quest and a bone chip quest. Helped a ton in leveling so far.

Others I know of are Gnoll Teeth in Qeynos,
Orc Belts in Freeport/Kaladim,
Bone chips in kaladim,
Honestly can't remember too many others, I usually played Elf/Dwarves back in the day.

If anyone has other quests like this please post, also, if you have any Iksar area quests I can look to grind in the future let me know, thanks!
Old 03-16-2018, 09:51 PM
Aviak

The first 12 levels as a necromancer are horrendous. Tough it out, get 12, then go to Kurns and the game takes off. Trust me.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:44 PM
Skeleton

Always check the city pages on the wiki, they have a quest section listed. Not sure if they have them all but it is a good place to start. There is a curscale quest in Cab that gave decent xp, a bag to store them in and armor on turn in. Necro won't be able to wear the armor but you can sell it back to the guy anyway.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

evil races don't get too many great exp quest options for low levels...
Off the top of my head you could turn in Lightstones and Greater Lightstones for the quest Evil Research.

However being Iksar I'm not certain you can do this quest. Pretty much being an Iksar I encourage you to go to kurns tower from levels 12 to 18.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:40 AM
Fire Giant

As an iksar, the curscale armor quest Rufus mentioned is decent for the first few levels.

The scorpion stinger quest seems a waste of time unless you are killing a lot of scorpions anyways.

For Qeynos, sure, gnoll fangs are great. Just be prepared to have BB overrun with people doing the same thing, including PLers and way over-level folks that don’t know any better as far as leveling past 15 or so.

The really excellent experience and first taste of plat begins with bandit sashes and putrid bear pelts. Gnoll fangs are great and all to get to mid teens pretty quickly, but it is nowhere near the insane exp it was pre nerf.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:30 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For Qeynos, sure, gnoll fangs are great. Just be prepared to have BB overrun with people doing the same thing, including PLers and way over-level folks that don’t know any better as far as leveling past 15 or so...
So much this... when I was leveling my cleric there was some level 48 warrior clearing the zone over and over collecting fangs.
Essentially ruining it for every movie in there, and this was during prime hours too... some people.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:45 AM
Sarnak

the curscale armor quest and the necromancer hat quests for iksar necromancers
Old 03-20-2018, 12:16 AM
Sarnak

Greater lightstone turn ins are great xp at your level and the book sells back to the vendor for 9p or so
Old 03-22-2018, 03:19 PM
Orc

Got a ranger to level 9 inn 1.5 hours gaming bone chips outside kaladim.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:49 AM
Sarnak

As far as quests you got it down. You can go to Kurns pretty early - lvl 8 I was able to solo the lower level skeletons.

Notes about Kurns:
There are no camps - if you are sitting in front of a mob medding to take it down do not be surprised if someone just takes it.
It gets pretty busy in here because it's a great area to level with a high ZEM - there will be competition for mobs, and again, no camps so get what you can when you can. I found that if I just hung out in the room immediately to the right when you enter that people left me alone and I got those 5 spawns to myself. This was really nice when I was lvl 8-12. Once I got 12 I was able to take on more than 5 spawns every ~18 min was not enough.
Skeletons are not social - They are KOS, but they are not social! You pull one even if it's right next to several others, just make sure the others don't get into aggro range.

Make sure to out dps your pet on higher con mobs. Lower con mobs I find it's fine to just let your pet murder it and get half exp, maybe help it out with a nuke or two.
Closed Thread