Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfetti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sky and was helping some random BG Monk with the monk epic mob up there.
From my understanding isle 1 and 1.5 don't fall under raid agreements, which is why Sirfloppy was permitted to take so many Efreeti?

I remember him once accuse us from stealing one of his rots (Weight of the Gods) that he wanted to sell rights to. We were farming Spiroc Lord at the time, and he had just left his corpse timer to tick too long.

I mean (falsely) threatening to petition over a WotG while he was invading sky on another guild's slot. Was pretty hilarious.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check12345 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep! He has played since live launched and it's like I am telling a BS fairy tale when I describe the p99 endgame to him.
P99 truly is a magical kingdom.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LMAO just p99 things

if you guys aren't in the upper echelons of the server making actual IRL $$$ (aka the cool kid's club) you are being hosed
I think if P99 were actually a money-maker, staff would approach it with a very different business sense...
Old 09-18-2018, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

mad double post:
I now see 1.5 doesn't count as raid mobs but it still counts as raid zone.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
From this point forward we will be actively enforcing the spirit of these rules more so than the exact letter of the law.
Should change that.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:42 AM
Sarnak

Let me get this straight, a simple IP search would show that a NON core member logged into a core member tagged character and it gave core an extended raid ban? This could be very, very easily abused if that’s the case and something we should avoid at all costs...

Also there is the spirit of the rule vs letter of the law. If the monk was core I could see it being upheld, if the monk is some random getting help by some good guys, come on...
Old 09-18-2018, 11:42 AM
Sarnak

Good luck policing every guild member ever when people take breaks weeks/months at a time, and pay various amounts of attention to things. Just ban the individual member for 7 days whenever they violate the rule if you want to be so extreme about it. Then they'll be forced to ask guild/read rules during their ban and learn. Banning an entire guild for 30 days for someone zoning into a raid zone and killing a minor non-raid target blows my mind. Then again raid scene is already crazy extreme, might as well double down on the craziness, can't go wrong doing that.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me get this straight, a simple IP search would show that a NON core member logged into a core member tagged character and it gave core an extended raid ban? This could be very, very easily abused if that’s the case and something we should avoid at all costs...
You are correct. What's crazy is this happened twice both resulting in non-rescinded suspension extensions for <Core>. ( they were appealed obviously but to no success )
Old 09-18-2018, 11:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yes Staff are aware for the first 2 extensions that a <Tempest> member for the first and a Random player not affiliated with Core for the second logged into inactive <Core> accounts.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Until you stop logging in, nothing will change...
Closed Thread