Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Sarnak

If anyone wants to donate a post-nerf one to me, let me know. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never... never in the 10 years on Live have I seen a Fungi Robe "pre-nerf" with regen on it still. With how terribly common the shit is why wouldn't there have been at least SOME still floating around? It's not logical. Instead of "omg I'm a monk let us keep these robes" arguments, start searching for evidence and tug less on the heart strings of the devs for personal gain.
I don't think anyone is arguing that it wasn't a retroactive nerf on live. It was retroactive, and will be on this server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Comparing the robe to the tunic, it's hard to say it was simply overpowered. If it was a matter of dropping too frequently, the rate would have been nerfed. If however the item was never meant to have the effect, which I seem to faintly remember, it would be removed from past and present drops. Which they did. The end.
The robe is basically a monk only item, and is arguably better for monks than Fungi Tunic. (You are basically losing 12 sta, 10 dex 10 agi 10 sv fire for 11 AC 2 str) That combined with how common the robe is due to this being virtually perma-camped for weeks and weeks (even now, to some extent) - by players wanting the pre-nerf Staff, (which is not retroactively nerfed) makes it a little OP. Just think, a few months from now, every 40+ (30+?) monk on the server could have one of these. I think it's a good thing it was nerfed. (Oh, and my favorite class is monk.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moklianne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If anyone wants to donate a post-nerf one to me, let me know. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got 500pp? Start saving [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Enderenter; 04-29-2011 at 11:34 AM..
Old 04-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderenter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just think, a few months from now, every 40+ (30+?) monk on the server could have one of these. I think it's a good thing it was nerfed. (Oh, and my favorite class is monk.)
Which rather indicates that it wasn't intended to have the effect since they didn't adjust the drop rate in a negative way and leave the effect in.

And yes, this thread is full of people asking to not nerf it or not retro-nerf it.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Never... never in the 10 years on Live have I seen a Fungi Robe "pre-nerf" with regen on it still. With how terribly common the shit is why wouldn't there have been at least SOME still floating around? It's not logical.
The problem was that it wasn't common it should be rare and the tunic should be common. This is a bug that has yet to be fixed on our server. I don't think when Kunark opened on live people beelined it for Sebilis and started pharming King. Once word got out when a couple dropped people probably complained it was overpowered and the Verant retro nerfed it.

Asher
Old 04-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem was that it wasn't common it should be rare and the tunic should be common. This is a bug that has yet to be fixed on our server. I don't think when Kunark opened on live people beelined it for Sebilis and started pharming King. Once word got out when a couple dropped people probably complained it was overpowered and the Verant retro nerfed it.

Asher
Complained that a robe with fungal regrowth is OP but the tunic is not? Lol. I guess you haven't bothered reading through the thread to understand the robe was ALLEGEDLY never intended to have the effect in the first place, and that it was a database error. Point being, it gets nerfed. And retro nerfed. People need to stop crying to keep this thing because that's not how it went down on live. Period.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Asher
I don't understand your reasoning here. The tunic is more valuable because more classes can use it, and thus should be rarer.

On live, the Staff was rare drop, Tunic was uncommon and Robe was common. (which is how it is here - though the drop rates may be off a bit, I'm not sure on that one)
Old 04-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

/sigh

Theres been lots of posts about this already. Originally the Tunic was his common, the drop rates were changed on live. This server is reflecting current live, not timeline appropriate, drop rates.

Theres a post about it in the bugs forum with plenty of proof.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Closed Thread