Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 07-19-2023, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you might be spot on with this. The only people I've ever known that absolutely had to have the last word about everything and would refuse to admit being wrong, even when they were wrong, are women.
I am not sure why you think I must admit I am wrong when you haven't proven I am wrong. I have been wrong on this forum before, and admitted as much. This is simply nonsense people use when they can't be bothered to discuss the topic at hand like an adult. It is easy to feel like you have won when you create strawmen.

Other posters in the thread have agreed with my position, so I am not sure why you think this is so cut and dry.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...2&postcount=15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gearing to max str at the cost of sta in a world where when it really matters you'll have focus anyways is dumb. Dead melee do zero dps. Dump all those points into stam and don't ever look back.
It seems you are included in the group of people who agree with me lol. Why do I need to admit I am wrong when you agree with me?
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-19-2023 at 09:43 PM..
Old 07-19-2023, 09:44 PM
Banned

On this point yes I agree. You're still insufferable and every thread you decide to post in is worse for it.
Old 07-19-2023, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
On this point yes I agree. You're still insufferable and every thread you decide to post in is worse for it.
There is another possibility you don't seem to consider. The people who make the threads insufferable are the people who enjoy posting fan fiction, insults, and trolling.

There would be no need to have threads with hundreds of pages if people could act like adults and admit they are wrong, or provide something more concrete to back up their positions. A lot of this fan fiction about me is simply projection.

You yourself got caught up in some nonsensical attempt to "prove me wrong", when you actually agree with me. Why did you do this?
Old 07-19-2023, 09:55 PM
Banned

Nope. It's you.
Old 07-19-2023, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Nope. It's you.
"Nope. It's you."

I can do the same thing, and we are at an impasse.

I see you chose to ignore answering my question. Why do you agree with me, but simultaneously think I must admit to being wrong about a point you agree with?
Old 07-19-2023, 10:27 PM
Banned

In this thread I don't think you need to admit to being wrong about anything. I agree with your stance of sta being the clear choice. However you are still absolutely awful to interact with, try to have a conversation with, debate, you name it.

I have seen many threads over the years where you were varying degrees of wrong and staunchly refused to even consider the possibility. Have I read every single thread you've posted in? Definitely not. I'd probably be locked in an insane asylum if I even attempted that feat.

That combined with the fact that you categorically refuse to let anyone have the last word on you makes you utterly abominable to deal with for any length of time. You are the antagonist of virtually everyone on this forum. If I actually cared and hated myself slightly more I would go back through your post history to see how many threads you interacted with that ended with you having the last post and then eventually everyone else decides they don't want to continue the conversation and the thread dies. I bet it's a LOT.
Old 07-19-2023, 10:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
In this thread I don't think you need to admit to being wrong about anything. I agree with your stance of sta being the clear choice. However you are still absolutely awful to interact with, try to have a conversation with, debate, you name it.
Thank you for agreeing with me. Your opinion about me is honestly irrelevant to the topic at hand, nor does it help OP. There is no requirement on this forum to be liked by Croco.

Quote:
I have seen many threads over the years where you were varying degrees of wrong and staunchly refused to even consider the possibility. Have I read every single thread you've posted in? Definitely not. I'd probably be locked in an insane asylum if I even attempted that feat.
Can you show an example of a thread where I was wrong and refused to admit it? Or are you just making up more fan fiction? Remember, simply disagreeing with me while refusing to provide evidence for your position is not an example of me being wrong, or me refusing to admit I am wrong.

Quote:
That combined with the fact that you categorically refuse to let anyone have the last word on you makes you utterly abominable to deal with for any length of time. You are the antagonist of virtually everyone on this forum. If I actually cared and hated myself slightly more I would go back through your post history to see how many threads you interacted with that ended with you having the last post and then eventually everyone else decides they don't want to continue the conversation and the thread dies. I bet it's a LOT.
This is a popular fan fiction people circulate. As per usual, you are "too lazy" to actually find evidence for these claims. It is easier to repeat this fan fiction until you believe it. You refuse to believe there are other possibilities, such as people who are trolling simply get bored of said trolling. That doesn't mean I need to get the last word in. It shows that people realize they aren't going to win by simply repeating insults over and over. It isn't like people provide evidence and stop posting, while I continue to rant. People devolve into insulting me over and over again, and then get bored.

If you think repeated insults are the proper way to end a discussion, you are simply incorrect.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-19-2023 at 10:39 PM..
Old 07-19-2023, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

easy 100 pages from DSM just replying
Old 07-19-2023, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Popular fan fiction you say?
It is apparent, at even a cursory glace of the posts by others you are in fact disliked at best, reviled by many. So this fan fiction of yours is the only fiction we have.
Croco even agrees with you and STILL you do not relent.

So kudos! You were correct. And still, the sole reason for this post was some simple advice on sta or str at creation, with a few simple caveats, but still the thread gets muddied to the point that it is no use to anyone.
Even if sta was the best choice, i doubt anyone cares.
There, im last poster.
Old 07-19-2023, 11:14 PM
Fire Giant

Lol this thread is still going and he even brought up casting divine intervention on a rogue. There is no way this dude actually plays p99, he just forum quests all day.