Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 07-22-2023, 01:56 PM
Orc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRLeVEuuLXM

Go to the 22:00 mark. According to this guy we are all playing the game wrong. They admit to seeing people camping QM for hours/days but never adjusted it because we play wrong. How dumb is that?
Old 07-22-2023, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
QM doesn't have 3 spawn points anymore. That was done away with a few years ago. It and it's PH's can spawn anywhere south of PAW and north of Aviak Village. Far west to Far east (not past hermit hut)
Who the fuck's idea was this?
Old 07-22-2023, 03:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The devs of course. They can make any change they want, even non-classic, with no justification or evidence at all. We can all get fucked if we don't like it. Don't get twisted though if you want to get something changed you better have a mountain of classic evidence, signed in triplicate, with an affidavit from an original eq dev, a recent std screening, and a blood sample. Then they might look at it and acknowledge you. Maybe.
Old 07-22-2023, 05:09 PM
Banned

There are two types of changes, classic by the book and classic in spirit. Classic by the book changes require a mountain of evidence. Classic in spirit changes (like nerfing swarm limit or changing quillmane) are meant to curtail some emergent aspect of gameplay that never existed in classic, even though it theoretically could have. Making quillmane somewhat hard to get is a classic in spirit change, which I support because pumping out lev cloaks all day like it was before is lame as shit. You might as well just have every character start with one if it's gonna be that easy. No swag factor at all, it's just mehh cool I have a lev cloak now like every single other player on the server.
Old 07-22-2023, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some dude probably got his Quillmane pop stolen and just wanted to burn it all down
Old 07-22-2023, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like they took a fair pita spawn and created a plausible-deniability spawn anger factory.

In all fairness this is a pretty deep immersion item to lust after. There's one solution.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some dude probably got his Quillmane pop stolen and just wanted to burn it all down
Lune yer avatar is on r/place. lower right quadrant. Good work.
Old 07-22-2023, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are two types of changes, classic by the book and classic in spirit. Classic by the book changes require a mountain of evidence. Classic in spirit changes (like nerfing swarm limit or changing quillmane) are meant to curtail some emergent aspect of gameplay that never existed in classic, even though it theoretically could have. Making quillmane somewhat hard to get is a classic in spirit change, which I support because pumping out lev cloaks all day like it was before is lame as shit. You might as well just have every character start with one if it's gonna be that easy. No swag factor at all, it's just mehh cool I have a lev cloak now like every single other player on the server.
Not everyone had the same experiences playing in classic. So to make a bunch of changes to try and force a "spirit of classic" which when it comes down to it is really only 1 or 2 peoples idea of what classic was is incredibly stupid. You are never going to be able to give people a taste of what classic really was due to a ton of factors. Not the least of which are internet speeds and availability of information.

To put it simply you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube, and to spend more than a decade forcing players into your specific idea of what it was like to play back in the day is asinine. The other option, the better option, is to make a 1 to 1 sandbox of exactly what classic was and let emergent gameplay do it's thing. The devs of this project have chosen to do the former and in doing so have created a ton of extra work for themselves and made all the servers much worse for their choice.
Old 07-22-2023, 08:42 PM
Kobold

After I buy my peggy cloak loot rights, I'm all for nerfing Quillmane even more. Me having an easy peggy cloak and you not having one is classic.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Old 07-22-2023, 10:11 PM
Orc

I’m guessing some guild was just hogging the spawn and someone got mad and demanded the change