Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 07-25-2023, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL everything in both links you posted are out of era. Good try though.
Old 07-25-2023, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've watched the interview. I referenced it early in the thread. "Probably" doing a lot of heavy lifting here. Not saying he doesn't remember since he's the one that actually coded the damn thing but there's nothing to say that he isn't misremembering or thinking of an entirely different named spawn he coded. I'm sure he did a LOT of work on the game.
No offense but this is kind of a BS response. If that's the standard then we might as well ignore every single thing any prior dev or anyone else involved in the game has ever said.

"Well yeah, I know the prior dev said that, but like he MIGHT be misremembering it you never know. So it shouldn't really be considered as evidence."

Come on man
Old 07-25-2023, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Some people have Iron memories. Magnetic even. Some people have fine netting that only catches the krill of life. Other people have cat brains.

Just know your limits. Next time you out rememberin' and shit, and the whole house is rockin' memories, just stop, be chill, and ask yourself, what do I want to become?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-25-2023, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No offense but this is kind of a BS response. If that's the standard then we might as well ignore every single thing any prior dev or anyone else involved in the game has ever said.

"Well yeah, I know the prior dev said that, but like he MIGHT be misremembering it you never know. So it shouldn't really be considered as evidence."

Come on man
Honestly it's not a bs response. Dude is asking him about a random rare mob that he set up in the game over 20 years ago and the guy isn't that sure about it. The answer he gives is pretty clear he doesn't remember exactly.
Old 07-25-2023, 11:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly it's not a bs response. Dude is asking him about a random rare mob that he set up in the game over 20 years ago and the guy isn't that sure about it. The answer he gives is pretty clear he doesn't remember exactly.
And while he doesn't remember exactly, it's the closest evidence we have. Nothing we have documented even compares, and he did say with certainty that killing lionesses and elephant calves wasn't it. So as a p99 dev I'd say that input is as good as gold.

The fact of the matter is there isn't definitive evidence from player posts circa 1999-2001 that had Quillmane completely nailed down, because Allakhazam and such were in their infancy and the EQ hivemind barely existed. So if the players didn't know, I'd definitely go with what the dev says here.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 07-25-2023, 11:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people have Iron memories. Magnetic even. Some people have fine netting that only catches the krill of life. Other people have cat brains.

Just know your limits. Next time you out rememberin' and shit, and the whole house is rockin' memories, just stop, be chill, and ask yourself, what do I want to become?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All you have to do is follow the worms 😼
Old 07-26-2023, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And while he doesn't remember exactly, it's the closest evidence we have. Nothing we have documented even compares, and he did say with certainty that killing lionesses and elephant calves wasn't it. So as a p99 dev I'd say that input is as good as gold.

The fact of the matter is there isn't definitive evidence from player posts circa 1999-2001 that had Quillmane completely nailed down, because Allakhazam and such were in their infancy and the EQ hivemind barely existed. So if the players didn't know, I'd definitely go with what the dev says here.
This articulated the point I was trying to make much better than my earlier comment
Old 07-26-2023, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

I need to know how much cocaine said dev did during those golden years.
Old 07-26-2023, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I need to know how much cocaine said dev did during those golden years.
He did...."enough" I'd say lol.

I mean truth be told they thought it would just be some fun random thing. I think the real bastard is the guy who designed the Mage Epic and changed the Peggy cloak from this neat optional item to something required for your class-defining ability.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 07-26-2023, 01:10 PM
Banned

Epics are supposed to be hard to get, I don't see an issue with requiring the lev cloak for the mage epic. If anything some of the epics are way too easy (cough cough rogue shaman)