Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

Default Interesting Paladin Leveling Path?

Ok I finally made a Paladin and got level 10 yesterday—max CHA HiE. I am very familiar with the EXP super highway for grinding as fast as earthly possible, but want to do something off the beaten path this time around.

Tentatively I'm planning to go to the warrens around 15 once I get soothe and maybe capping that out before dicking around stonebrunt (literally never been to that zone). I also haven't done most of the Kunark mid-level dungeons outside farming goblin skins / VP keys. Not sure if there's something fun there. I'm hoping with high CHA, I can crawl dungeons and with stun I can do some casters, which I never have bothered with—generally on melees I stick to non-casters. High level, I'm thinking LGuK maybe as I've done the other options to death, but open to reccos ofc.

I've got Fungi/34% haste, OK tunnel gear for other slots, no crazy weapons yet, but maybe 50k laying around and other means. I think I'm probably just getting an herbalist spade at 30 since I want to attack undead shit.

Looking for tips/tricks, cool leveling spots, quests, must have items, etc. Caveat: I haven't raided in over a year, so maybe don't recommend raid gear.
Last edited by Keebz; 02-19-2024 at 04:16 PM..
Old 02-19-2024, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Tower of Frozen Shadow is a really fun zone when you get into your 30's. Plenty of undead to unleash all of your Paladin skills on, and it's not usually crowded. It can take you to level 50 at least.

Corpse recovery can be a pain though, since you need the keys to get to each floor of the zone.
Old 02-19-2024, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think lull opens up anything that isn't already busted wide open by fungi/haste/good weapon until 40+.

Since you are already in Warrens, probably worth checking out the undead guards in Paineel if you haven't done those before.
Old 02-19-2024, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Kurns tower is money with your gear from like 10-20
Old 02-19-2024, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Your setup now will easily take you to 45. After that get a DW BP and literally go anywhere you want.
Old 02-19-2024, 11:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kurns tower is money with your gear from like 10-20
Oh good call, I haven't really done Kurns much aside from entrance. I think I'm committed to Warrens for this char, but my next toon will be Iksar. Will add that to the do list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your setup now will easily take you to 45. After that get a DW BP and literally go anywhere you want.
Well I’m trying to figure out where I want to go for the journey to 45. Places off the beaten path with an emphasis on cool and less on efficiency. Suggestions for post 45+ are welcome as well.
Old 02-20-2024, 06:58 AM
Planar Protector

warrens --> perma --> CT/Paw
Old 02-20-2024, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

I solo'd 90% of the way to 60 on my pally, so I'm not sure if this will be interesting or not. Paladins are way better soloers then people think, anyway here's my leveling path on a high elf pally:

1-12 Steamfont
12-15 Warrens
15-26 Kurns
26-30 Najena - a skeleton camp
30-36 ToFS - 1st and 3rd floor
36-42 Mistmoore - Caitiff area + gargs
42-46 Dreadlands - Yeti caves
46-50 Crystal Caverns - Terrors and Goes
50-52 SolB - Kobold royals
52-54 Neriak 3rd Gate - cleric guards
54-59 LGuk and KC - alternated zones and diff camps. LGuk way better exp
59-60 HS - basement, north

The only thing is do different would skip KC and go-to HS at 57 instead. Exp there is insanely good and it's not that scary as a pally, bring a charged cap for emergencies, DW bp a must as well.

Best tip I can give ya is to remember that you can root camp aggro, it's an amazing tool and I can't tell you how many times it saved me in a tight spot. Circle behind mobs when bashing for interupts, it will land more. Camp yourself a luminary sword once you hit mid 40s and buy some cheap cha gear, like jester crown. You'll need 150 Cha for easy paci and 200 for real situations. Good luck!

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 02-21-2024, 12:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I solo'd 90% of the way to 60 on my pally, so I'm not sure if this will be interesting or not. Paladins are way better soloers then people think, anyway here's my leveling path on a high elf pally:

1-12 Steamfont
12-15 Warrens
15-26 Kurns
26-30 Najena - a skeleton camp
30-36 ToFS - 1st and 3rd floor
36-42 Mistmoore - Caitiff area + gargs
42-46 Dreadlands - Yeti caves
46-50 Crystal Caverns - Terrors and Goes
50-52 SolB - Kobold royals
52-54 Neriak 3rd Gate - cleric guards
54-59 LGuk and KC - alternated zones and diff camps. LGuk way better exp
59-60 HS - basement, north

The only thing is do different would skip KC and go-to HS at 57 instead. Exp there is insanely good and it's not that scary as a pally, bring a charged cap for emergencies, DW bp a must as well.

Best tip I can give ya is to remember that you can root camp aggro, it's an amazing tool and I can't tell you how many times it saved me in a tight spot. Circle behind mobs when bashing for interupts, it will land more. Camp yourself a luminary sword once you hit mid 40s and buy some cheap cha gear, like jester crown. You'll need 150 Cha for easy paci and 200 for real situations. Good luck!
This is great thanks. I'll probably do something pretty similar.
Old 02-21-2024, 02:38 AM
Fire Giant

Loot a craslith, yelinak talisman, and full ss and then go to unrest.