Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Aviak

Hell levels exist and there is proof. It's in the game's code, which we have access to and have analyzed. Thus P99 exists. With hell levels.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I kinda agree. And Hybrids don't get xp penalties, they get fun bonus!
Winner
Old 03-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Aviak

Default Supporting theory.

Okay, Thank you for all of the input! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My theory is that if you can find mobs, either in dungeons for ZEM or just regular zones that can give you even 1% exp and you keep finding mobs or an area that has mobs that are giving you 1% exp at each level as you progress, it will always take 100 of those mobs to kill before you level no matter what level you are. With that said.. The only thing to be considered hell or to fit the description of a hell level would be increased experience loss upon death. You would only have to kill 5900 mobs giving you 1% exp at each level to reach 60 and it would be even across the board on each level granted that you don't die! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Obviously there is the challenge of finding those mobs and you will likely have to solo to get that kind of exp all the time. Dying will slow this process down obviously.

That's my theory.

I have never leveled a Character to 60 on p99 or live so I honestly don't know yet if you can constantly find mobs to give you 1% exp in the higher levels, however I have been consistently following this theory and have been leveling at a considerable rate. Soloing has been my best method for achieving this amount of exp and I often push for mobs that are giving 2-4% exp by soloing in Dungeons for ZEM.

Please leave applicable replies below. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-15-2014, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

your not going to find mobs that give you 1% a kill at 54 or 59.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyseyes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's my theory.
You can just put your theories away. What have been affectionately called "hell levels" have been proven to exist for 12+ years.

It doesn't always take the same amount of mobs to level. For "hell levels" it takes approximately double the number of even con mobs than it does for the levels before and after them.
Last edited by myriverse; 03-15-2014 at 05:12 PM..
Old 03-15-2014, 09:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyseyes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, Thank you for all of the input! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My theory is that if you can find mobs, either in dungeons for ZEM or just regular zones that can give you even 1% exp and you keep finding mobs or an area that has mobs that are giving you 1% exp at each level as you progress, it will always take 100 of those mobs to kill before you level no matter what level you are. With that said.. The only thing to be considered hell or to fit the description of a hell level would be increased experience loss upon death. You would only have to kill 5900 mobs giving you 1% exp at each level to reach 60 and it would be even across the board on each level granted that you don't die! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Obviously there is the challenge of finding those mobs and you will likely have to solo to get that kind of exp all the time. Dying will slow this process down obviously.

That's my theory.

I have never leveled a Character to 60 on p99 or live so I honestly don't know yet if you can constantly find mobs to give you 1% exp in the higher levels, however I have been consistently following this theory and have been leveling at a considerable rate. Soloing has been my best method for achieving this amount of exp and I often push for mobs that are giving 2-4% exp by soloing in Dungeons for ZEM.

Please leave applicable replies below. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read this, then carefully reread it, and I still have no idea what the fuck you are trying to say. Hell levels exist.
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:40 PM
Fire Giant

Level 2 is a hell level. Takes about an hour of killing blues, you don't have anything interesting about your class yet and you can't go to orc hill until lvl 3.

I swear level 2 was put in to prevent people from playing EQ.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:54 PM
Aviak

Default Rough around the edges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briscoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read this, then carefully reread it, and I still have no idea what the fuck you are trying to say. Hell levels exist.
Reading comprehension. I also feel this reply is rather coarse in nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can just put your theories away. What have been affectionately called "hell levels" have been proven to exist for 12+ years.

It doesn't always take the same amount of mobs to level. For "hell levels" it takes approximately double the number of even con mobs than it does for the levels before and after them.
Another rough response. I never said "It always takes the same amount of mobs to level." I said in theory a mob that is giving you 1% exp per kill would result in you leveling after killing 100 of those mobs no matter what level you are.

According to the wiki reference table its not always twice the amount of even con mobs, in fact the "Hell" multiplier does not get to 2 until level 55.

My theory as a theory is legitimate based on the numbers implied.
All that matters is that the mob is giving you 1% exp, not what it cons to you.

This cannot be denied as numbers do not lie, and that is no theory. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I also have to encourage both of you to refrain from being so Crude, its not very becoming.

I am looking for applicable responses, not trolling or biased opinions. Perhaps even field testing as I am currently doing to credit or discredit the theory. Especially not foul language. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-15-2014, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

They are telling you that your theory sucks.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 03-15-2014 at 11:11 PM..
Old 03-15-2014, 11:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are telling you that your theory sucks.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Closed Thread