Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-26-2015, 11:39 AM
Kobold

Default Playing on a Mac: Full Screen?

Hello,

I'm interested in playing on my Mac. I've read that it won't run full screen.

Can I adjust my resolution to my Mac screen, then? Or something near it? I'm on a 15" Retina MacBook Pro.

On my prior MacBook I was able to run it at 1024x768 with no problems, but now with the retina one it just looks too small.

Thanks.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

I run it fullscreen on a virtual machine. Should be doable, you just need to find the right resolutions.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 07-27-2015, 12:01 AM
Kobold

I have a macintrash I can run either full or not.. if you want I can bundle up the wine client you can use.. (actually I have 2 types). say if you are interested. and I will see what I can do.
No you do not need to run Under Wincrap.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:45 PM
Fire Giant

Sorry for being a thread necro, but I actually have a question about Resolution sizing for mac. I've got the 15inc macbook pro and i'd like my game to be played windowed at a bigger resolution than its currently at. Problem is i cannot figure out what file to open up to alter the res.

Can anyone help?

Asher
Old 07-29-2015, 11:47 PM
Banned

eqclient.ini edit with text editor
Old 07-30-2015, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry for being a thread necro, but I actually have a question about Resolution sizing for mac. I've got the 15inc macbook pro and i'd like my game to be played windowed at a bigger resolution than its currently at. Problem is i cannot figure out what file to open up to alter the res.

Can anyone help?
There are four resolutions you can change for EQ.

1 - Your OS's actual display resolution
2 - the eqclient.ini file mentioned above which modifies the login screen resolution
3 - The resolution setting accessed through the login screen (through Options) which sets the resolution of the loading screens
4 - in game resolution, either full or windowed. Fullscreen has a different set of resolution options than windowed.

Whatever you use for EQ, the longest side can't exceed what your OS's resolution is, as far as I can tell.

Here is what I have for all of these settings, running a virtual machine on a 13 inch retina mac:
1 - 1280 x 800 (for my virtual machine)
2 - "[VideoMode]
WindowedWidth=800
WindowedHeight=480
Width=1280
Height=768
WidthWindowed=1280
HeightWindowed=768"
3 - 1280x768
4 - Fullscreen: 1280x768, can also do similar size windowed.

I did have it windowed for a while but eventually resorted to putting it fullscreen on a second desktop. EQ runs at a different proportion than a mac monitor so stuff always ran off the edge for me.

If anyone running wineskin can get fullscreen to work, it would be nice to get the data on that to go with mine.

Retired from p99
Old 07-31-2015, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eqclient.ini edit with text editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are four resolutions you can change for EQ.

1 - Your OS's actual display resolution
2 - the eqclient.ini file mentioned above which modifies the login screen resolution
3 - The resolution setting accessed through the login screen (through Options) which sets the resolution of the loading screens
4 - in game resolution, either full or windowed. Fullscreen has a different set of resolution options than windowed.

Whatever you use for EQ, the longest side can't exceed what your OS's resolution is, as far as I can tell.

Here is what I have for all of these settings, running a virtual machine on a 13 inch retina mac:
1 - 1280 x 800 (for my virtual machine)
2 - "[VideoMode]
WindowedWidth=800
WindowedHeight=480
Width=1280
Height=768
WidthWindowed=1280
HeightWindowed=768"
3 - 1280x768
4 - Fullscreen: 1280x768, can also do similar size windowed.

I did have it windowed for a while but eventually resorted to putting it fullscreen on a second desktop. EQ runs at a different proportion than a mac monitor so stuff always ran off the edge for me.

If anyone running wineskin can get fullscreen to work, it would be nice to get the data on that to go with mine.

I'm using wine skin. When I open my p99 folders in the wrapper and right click eqclient.ini, and select Open With, it only gives me the option to open with Terminal. How do I open it with text edit? Sorry for being a noob lol

Asher
Old 07-31-2015, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm using wine skin. When I open my p99 folders in the wrapper and right click eqclient.ini, and select Open With, it only gives me the option to open with Terminal. How do I open it with text edit? Sorry for being a noob lol
Under the Terminal option of the Open With... menu should be an option to look for other applications to use. Other... should open up a Choose Application dialogue. You may have to tell it to enable all applications rather than the default ones. Then you need to find Text Edit in Applications and select it.

If Text Edit doesn't like the file, I recommend Text Wrangler, which is a free text editing program for Mac that is typically used by programmers. It should be able to handle editing an *.ini file.

Retired from p99
Old 07-31-2015, 05:39 PM
Former Guide

I run P99 through wine on my mac, and it runs full screen just fine. However, I find I prefer to run it in a window, just to switch around browser etc.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:21 AM
Sarnak

You don't have to run it full screen to make the window bigger - just edit the height/width in the eqclient.ini as above. Personally I preferred having it almost full screen so I could switch to the wiki pages to look at maps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]