Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

Bard wizard. Bard kites like normal and wiz does pbaoe when the train comes along. I've never tried this, I wonder is the wiz would just get stomped? =p
Old 01-07-2016, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like in Velious the classes are much more balanced than they were in Kunark.

Druids are junk in Kunark but pretty decent in Velious (POTG, animals in most zones for charm, ATK debuffs, Chloroblast, etc).

Pal/SK/Rng got the elimination of XP penalties, way more spells, faster spellcasting, better skillcaps, and easy-to-obtain super high AC dwarf armor. Combined those are a huge boost.

Mages will (hopefully) get an easier epic quest.

Necros are a mixed boat (practically no undead in velious, zero good spells) but they also benefit from the removal of magic immunity to raid mobs.

TLDR: you really don't have to level War/Mnk/Rog/Enc/Shm/Clr every single time any more.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Hat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard wizard. Bard kites like normal and wiz does pbaoe when the train comes along. I've never tried this, I wonder is the wiz would just get stomped? =p
Denons is actually substantial aggro.

Drop the train to 80% with just the bard and then have wizard come in for 1-2 PBAEs. Zone wizard out (most kites happen near zonelines) and back in the reset aggro.

If your bard abilities are hit or miss, having the bard do the first 80% and then always outrunning them while the wizard repeats the above, casting 1-2 PBAEs then zoning, until the train is dead is a safe way of making sure you don't die from a simple mistake. While the bard is doing the first 20% of aggro building have the wizard just buff the bard for proxy aggro on the train incase bard dies, so that wizard can kite around til bard returns. As any bard can Tell you, the most tedious part of AE kiting is gathering that train.

I've done this in Burning Woods. Got a train down to 80%, had a friend log on my 60 wizard who was parked there to cast 1 PBAE, zone off to Skyfire, and repeat, until the train died. Was 5x faster than just using bard.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:26 PM
Banned

bard-enchanter would be super fun, cheapest to gear, and with great potential for both fast leveling and elite farming later on. good indoors and outdoors
Old 01-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Sarnak

Thanks dald, I thought I might be on to something!
Old 01-07-2016, 12:41 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithig3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A friend and I are rolling some chars on blue and would like your opinion on what combo would be cool. Unconventional suggestions welcomed! Thanks.
If these are your first characters, roll casters. Gear is expensive on this server so your best bet is to go with gear-independent pet classes, which means mage, necro, or enchanter. If one of you doesn't mind playing a class with a high skill cap, go enchanter and mage or necro. If you both want to cruise to 60 on autopilot, go mage and necro.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

bard+bard ae kite to 60 in a month np
Old 01-07-2016, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bard+bard ae kite to 60 in a month np
I have a bard on blue that I mess around with sometimes.

I can't tell you how many times I've had folks go off on me in OOC threatening to petition me for "zone disruption", even when I'm being cool and only kiting 6-10 mobs.

If you go bard on blue, be prepared for some heavy harassment. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-07-2016, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

I kinda like cleric-mage. Big heals plus large damage shields is kinda like powerleveling yourselves. The fire pet DS is OP early on (the level 4 pet can have up to an 8 point DS). The cleric part of the duo will also help you get groups.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 01-07-2016, 03:39 PM
Sarnak

For odd ball (but effective) combos, you could go Druid/rogue or ranger/necro. Both essentially involve snare or fear kiting. But I would suspect you'd have a good time playing either option. Since there is very little down time involved.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Closed Thread