Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 12:42 AM
Aviak

Default Temple of Solusek Ro quests

Can the necro quests be MQed? The ShadowBound Boots and Gloves? The Robe of Enshroudment? And if so, how? Like, how would I need to organize and do the turn-ins?

I suppose the question applies to the SK Darkforge armor quests also. (Although this is the Casters forum)
Old 06-15-2016, 01:16 AM
Fire Giant

some quests with the Temple of Solesek Ro require no faction work - you can just do them straight off by walking inside with a fresh level 1 character. The Magician Focus Item quests are an example of this. Other quests require at least Amiable considered faction to perform. To the best of my knowledge, all Sol Ro temple quests requiring multiple turn in objects can be multi quested IF the characters involved with the turn ins have the required faction.

If you are using 2 characters for this, play it safe and have both of them go through the dialogue routines and have both of them get the walk through descriptions of what the quests need from the key NPC. If the NPC says something like "I cannot trust this matter with you yet" or some bullcrap, then you can count on your quest items being eaten if you try it.

Edit - to answer your other question, I recently started a cleric and got the character a Shield of the Devout for it. My first character turned in the two No Drop items and the cleric turned in the enchanted bars and received the shield, since that was the character turning in the last required items. I started the MQ off by confirming both characters could be given the quest dialogue from the NPC. I then had the first character give the NPC a flask of water, waited 20 seconds, and then handed the No Drop items. I then logged it off and logged the second character on to complete the quest with the bars.

On old retail servers, multi questing could be screwed up by players turning in some, but not all, of the required items and then walking off. Your first character might then turn in some of the items and end up with the quest being complete (and getting the reward) right there by accident. I sharply remember having this happen on Brell Serelis server with the Honey Jum quest in Rivervale. I (and many other players) made a habit of ALWAYS giving Kizzie Mintop the 30 gold pieces first by itself to see if some noob had turned in honeycombs but had forgotten the gold, or screwed it up by giving her 3pp instead (which would fail in the early days of EQ) and thought the quest was broken, and walked off.

Enjoy.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 06-15-2016 at 01:31 AM..
Old 06-15-2016, 01:32 AM
Aviak

Thanks! So if faction plays a part, does race matter a lot in this or is it more based on class? I won't have a problem getting the robe and what not as an iksar necro?
Old 06-15-2016, 01:46 AM
Fire Giant

It's just the faction of the temple itself, which every character regardless of race and class should be starting off with Indifferent. If a quest NPC will NOT give your character the quest dialogue to perform the quest for the thing you want, you have 3 main options to increase your faction to Amiable (which will cut the mustard for like 90%+ of what the temple offers).

1) Hand off small amounts of gold to an NPC in the sandy corner of South Ro desert.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Rathmana...raveling_Offer

2) Give the 'good' shadowed man a flower in Mistmoore (relatively safe to do actually for even low level characters, barring a roaming mob every 22 min that might swing by close enough to the shadowed man to aggro onto you).
http://wiki.project1999.com/Solusek%27s_Flower

3) Kill Shadowed Men in the zones that have them spawned. My favorite is Lavastorm as there's a pillar with 7 spawned somewhat close to the zone entrance from Nektulos.
http://wiki.project1999.com/A_shadowed_man

The flower turn in quest is free to do but the faction hits are somewhat weak and it will take you a while (at least more than the 22 min before the roaming mob paths close to the shadowed man) to get to Amiable. Handing off the gold to the NPC in South Ro desert on retail servers was the way to go and would cost you less than 10pp in turn ins, if my memory is correct.

Edit - you can /consider the 'good' shadowed man in Mistmoore as well as the NPC in Southern Ro Desert as you do turn-ins to see when your reputation crests into Amiable. Which is handy and saves time running back to the Temple to find out what your new reputation is after several turn ins.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:54 PM
Aviak

Thank you so much for the info! I'll get right on it!
Closed Thread