Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which class on fresh classic?
Warrior 22 6.73%
Paladin 15 4.59%
Shadow Knight 18 5.50%
Rogue 14 4.28%
Monk 22 6.73%
Ranger 16 4.89%
Bard 19 5.81%
Cleric 26 7.95%
Shaman 32 9.79%
Druid 23 7.03%
Wizard 11 3.36%
Magician 17 5.20%
Necromancer 38 11.62%
Enchanter 54 16.51%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 06:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
7I take it back, wouldn't even be worth playing that kind of server to experience OP Necros again. Who really cares how OP you are when there's no skill/invention in it and you'd just be sitting around waiting for boring camps like everyone else once you get to the top.
So you play one of the easiest and most OP classes...then complain it is too OP and easy? :|

Do you also super twink your characters and complain that the game is too easy / trivial?

Take off the training wheels and play something challenging :P
Old 08-31-2016, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

The thought of playing Necro was just for nostalgia if they really did open an exact-classic timeline. Ultimately, it wouldn't even serve that purpose though.

When the game first came out, people didn't know what the hell they were doing. Necros weren't widely played because people were scared of being limited as an "Evil" character and didn't know about the immense power of the class. When the pet weapon-wielding trick did become widely known and more individuals were getting to high level as Necros and showing off everything the class could do, it was like an awesome roleplaying-themed reward for what they had to go through to get there. People would actually refuse to group with Necros back then, they would roleplay about not wanting to have anything to do with an "Evil" person.

So being a Necro was very much its own experience; they were treated as outcasts but then suddenly became incredibly powerful. It was very fitting. However, this narrative would not at all play out like that these days. Nobody would refuse to group with a Necro and everyone would know exactly how to maximize their power from day 1 and how to level the fastest and where to go to get all the best drops. Being a Necro would just mean needing to go farm and waiting in line with the tons of other people who are doing the exact same thing. At the same time, everyone would know it only lasts until Kunark comes out, at which point most of those farmed items become obsolete and Necros become much weaker. So why bother?
Old 08-31-2016, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

I doubt most people really know the power of necromancers sub 50 even today....

I meet VERY few necromancers who realize they can melee (adding significant damage) and out-tank their pets before 50. Who don't even know they have a self damage shield (or know their embrace spell is stronger than SKs, by a lot).

You think players now know it all, but I assure you they don't. There are a LOT of secrets to uncover (or a lot of myths perpetuated from old school EQ, that just aren't true at a mechanical level....like the strength of archery).

You may believe you have it all figured out, that there is nothing new in EQ after all these years....but you likely don't. ((For example, like a necromancer, did you know a cleric is actually more efficient soloing when they melee more sub 50?))

That is the type of stuff I been doing since I joined the server.... I played classic EQ, now I'm using what I know to go to the next level and outright break it :P
Old 08-31-2016, 09:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt most people really know the power of necromancers sub 50 even today....

I meet VERY few necromancers who realize they can melee (adding significant damage) and out-tank their pets before 50. Who don't even know they have a self damage shield (or know their embrace spell is stronger than SKs, by a lot).

You think players now know it all, but I assure you they don't. There are a LOT of secrets to uncover (or a lot of myths perpetuated from old school EQ, that just aren't true at a mechanical level....like the strength of archery).

You may believe you have it all figured out, that there is nothing new in EQ after all these years....but you likely don't. ((For example, like a necromancer, did you know a cleric is actually more efficient soloing when they melee more sub 50?))

That is the type of stuff I been doing since I joined the server.... I played classic EQ, now I'm using what I know to go to the next level and outright break it :P
Very few necromancers play their toons to the fullest potential post 50 as well. They're a very versatile class that require some time to master.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

Human paladin, baby
Old 09-01-2016, 08:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You think players now know it all, but I assure you they don't. There are a LOT of secrets to uncover
This game is markedly more fun when you explore, and test, and try new things. There is so much new content to approach from new perspectives!
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Closed Thread