Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 03:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's right I shut this bitch down.
you circled FV but not OT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

Just the Faydwer continent, levels 1-39. Shorts vs Elves teams.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would play
Old 07-20-2016, 03:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would be amazing.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Human team:

Qeynos
Surefall Glade
Halas
Erudin
Paineel

Evil team:

Neriak
Grobb
Oggok

Elf/shortie team:

Rivervale
Kaladim
Kelethin
Felwithe
Ak'Anon

Contested city:

Freeport

The following race/class/team combinations would be allowed to start in Freeport that are not part of the human team:

Human bard (Evil team)

Human monk (Elf/shortie team)

Barbarian shaman (Elf/shortie team)

There would be no customization (such as trainers or spell vendors added to Freeport) to make Elf team shaman viable. If this is the combo you choose to play, then finding a way to get spells and training is your problem.

If you are an Elf team shaman, the names of all Human team members will appear red to you and vice versa. Same for Evil team bards and Elf team monks. Anyone creating a character in Freeport should receive a message stating that Freeport is a contested city and characters from all three teams can be created there so that they are warned of the possibility of low-end PvP within their starting city.

Following are optional rules that could be implemented for the Classic era, then removed according to a timeline similar to the removal of item loot on Vallon and Tallon Zek:

1. Item loot

Single item loot existed on the teams PvP servers until June 22, 2000, shortly after the release of Kunark on April 24, 2000. A similar timeline for Teams99 would be completely classic.

2. Rep Yo City

The majority seem to want hard-coded teams, and the above setup provides that by dis-allowing guilding and grouping across team lines. However, Rep Yo City is a great compromise between the failed Sullon Zek experiment (fully-hard-coded teams) and the vastly more-popular Race War ruleset (soft coded teams).

Players would still be restricted from grouping and guilding across team lines, but would be PvP+ against players that start in a different city. In other words, Human team players who start in Paineel would be PvP+ against Human team players from Erudin, Qeynos, Surefall Glade and Halas.

I suggest that the city-based PvP component be removed around the same time item loot is removed. On Vallon Zek, the teams fought among each other for a time before settling into a light vs. dark dynamic that lasted until shortly before the Zek merge. This would allow for a similar "Wild West" feel during the early stages of Teams99 before settling into a more-rigid Sullon-style teams structure as the server ages.

Sirken has stated that his non-classic ideas to work around missing classes for the various teams were shot down. The above contains no non-classic elements. Bards were allowed to play on the Evil team and human monks could pick Good or Neutral on Sullon Zek. Basically, this is like a Sullon-style server where, instead of the good and neutral teams sharing starting cities while the evil team leveled in safety, it offers starting-city safety everywhere except Freeport, where characters from all three teams can start.

I also highly recommend a 5-level spread for PvP. Four levels is too restrictive and opening it up by that one extra level would make a huge difference in the amount of available PvP.
My server #2

I cant be arsed to articulate it right now, but some kind of riff on eve online grafted on EQ has quite a bit of potential to me. In eve online, alliances fight for the "best space". Theres a structure you have to kill that gives you ownership of a system.

So for example, a boss could be guarding each of the dungeons in the game. Once a faction has slain it, the instance becomes locked for the other 2 factions (now that i think about it, thats also how DAOC works). Off the top of my head, Guk entrance would be guarded by a lvl10 boss, with no messages warning that the boss is about to get flipped. Lower guk would have a level 45ish Boss you have to kill to flip it (a hard-ish boss with alot of HP) with end game bosses giving warnings when they are about to get flipped (maybe, would have to be thought through). There would be a time window that the owning faction can still zone in after they lose it, so that they arent trapped alone inside.

Either that or some of the mobs inside (or additional custom mobs) become friendly to the owning faction with every other faction being KOS, when the boss at the end of a dungeon is killed. So people can still zone in, but have to deal with hostile mobs that are friendly to the owning faction. They would have to fight their way through the dungeon to get to the end boss to flip the mobs alignement.

Some other objectives like that that factions get to own which gives them coin. You could still trade across factions, encouraging sandbox play as much as possible. What i hate most about teams is the staticness of teams. If a side is overpopulated, thats it, youre stuck with a shit server. Maybe some kind of hard quest that makes it possible to change alignement or some other kind of balancing mechanic would have to be thought through.

I would still make this server with the no drop sets mechanic I outlined in my OP, with one item dropped on death
Last edited by Tradesonred; 07-20-2016 at 04:29 PM..
Old 07-20-2016, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
+1
Old 07-20-2016, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

druggie
Old 07-20-2016, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
druggie
resident idiot #247
Old 07-20-2016, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

l0l junkie
Old 07-20-2016, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My server #2

I cant be arsed to articulate it right now, but some kind of riff on eve online grafted on EQ has quite a bit of potential to me. In eve online, alliances fight for the "best space". Theres a structure you have to kill that gives you ownership of a system.

So for example, a boss could be guarding each of the dungeons in the game. Once a faction has slain it, the instance becomes locked for the other 2 factions (now that i think about it, thats also how DAOC works). Off the top of my head, Guk entrance would be guarded by a lvl10 boss, with no messages warning that the boss is about to get flipped. Lower guk would have a level 45ish Boss you have to kill to flip it (a hard-ish boss with alot of HP) with end game bosses giving warnings when they are about to get flipped (maybe, would have to be thought through). There would be a time window that the owning faction can still zone in after they lose it, so that they arent trapped alone inside.

Either that or some of the mobs inside (or additional custom mobs) become friendly to the owning faction with every other faction being KOS, when the boss at the end of a dungeon is killed. So people can still zone in, but have to deal with hostile mobs that are friendly to the owning faction. They would have to fight their way through the dungeon to get to the end boss to flip the mobs alignement.

Some other objectives like that that factions get to own which gives them coin. You could still trade across factions, encouraging sandbox play as much as possible. What i hate most about teams is the staticness of teams. If a side is overpopulated, thats it, youre stuck with a shit server. Maybe some kind of hard quest that makes it possible to change alignement or some other kind of balancing mechanic would have to be thought through.

I would still make this server with the no drop sets mechanic I outlined in my OP, with one item dropped on death
lol this isn't medal of honor with the expansion pack

fuck off and go back to your shitty game P99 isn't for you.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Closed Thread