Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Kobold

cheers nilbog
Old 04-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The article doesn't provide conclusive evidence that the nerf happened before June 19th, 2000.

He specifically refers to it as 'allegations' of a 'nerf', which would suggest that on/before June 19th there were rumors of the effect being changed, but doesn't prove that the change had gone into effect yet.

On the other hand in his list of retorts it sounds like the nerf had taken place.

I hardly consider it conclusive evidence though.
Did you read further than the "allegations" part?

Quote:
The robe was incredibly imbalancing. Combined with Mend, it would make Monks totally independent of any class for downtime healing. The rate of healing would compete even with meditation for mana gain. It would be akin to giving Warriors the ability to Gate (fake Cobalt breastplate anyone?)
This is serious past-tense stuff. Had the nerf not happened, it would have been an argument of "The robe is imbalancing", and the monk community was very dialed-in because of how common the robes were and the fact that druids and clerics (the only other two classes which could equip it) didn't care much for the robe.

Edit:

And in context, he's listing a series of monk nerfs that already happened. Context makes it positive that the nerf had already happened, people were complaining about it, and he's responding to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Last edited by Messianic; 04-05-2011 at 02:42 PM..
Old 04-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

So if Kunark was released in the end of April, and the tunic/robe were nerfed by June, thats like a month and maybe a week or two... so expect it to be nerfed around the end of this month. Early May 2011.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol @ calling a lone Allakhazam comment credible
There are a million alla comments on that robe that all claim the regen was on it until X date. Where X is sometime around velious.

Maybe not credible, but there are more than one lone comment.

I picked the one that at least sounded like it had the most authority.

Either way, Nilbog pretty much pwned this conversation.

And Mess, either way the changing of tensing in your article does not live up to what I'd call indisputable proof. For all we know he could have been referring to a change that occurred on the test server that hadn't been put into live yet, hence the 'alleged'. But, whatever.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy
There are a million alla comments on that robe that all claim the regen was on it until X date.
This statement is a complete fabrication. I just re-read that thread and there's only one comment referencing that date, which is the one you already posted, and all he says in it is that the Robe has been nerfed since early 2001.

If we employ a little bit of logic, we can only infer form this comment that in early 2001, the Robe was nerfed. It doesn't mean that the item was nerfed precisely during early 2001. Nor does it exclude it being nerfed long before early 2001. It just says that, at the time of early 2001, the item was nerfed.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

I read a lot of the comments

You're right, thats the only one that really lists a specific date.

But many of the comments make it sound like people thought the effect was still in place, was coming back, or had just recently been removed and they're posted in 2001-2002.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read a lot of the comments

You're right, thats the only one that really lists a specific date.

But many of the comments make it sound like people thought the effect was still in place, was coming back, or had just recently been removed and they're posted in 2001-2002.
That was probably due to the fact of people seeing the robe on other people, and being like "Oh snapzors.. i must get me one of em robes..." going on Alla, and seeing people talk about it and being like "Oh no he di'nt!... I saw a monk ze o'der day and he tot'lly had an effect as of [blah blah date]... so [flame flame flame] + [date here]"

At least thats my theory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Since most people didnt know that if you got it pre nerf you got to keep the stats.
Last edited by Chrushev; 04-05-2011 at 03:30 PM..
Old 04-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was probably due to the fact of people seeing the robe on other people, and being like "Oh snapzors.. i must get me one of em robes..." going on Alla, and seeing people talk about it and being like "Oh no he didnt!... I saw a monk ze oder day and he totally had an effect as of <blah blah date>... so <flame flame flame> + <date here>"

At least thats my theory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Since most people didnt know that if you got it pre nerf you got to keep the stats.
Retro nerf or current drops go unchanged?
Old 04-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Retro nerf or current drops go unchanged?
Some items got retro nerfed... Fungi Robe/Tunic kept their regen, the new versions didnt have regen.

Pretty sure thats how it went down :P
Old 04-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some items got retro nerfed... Fungi Robe/Tunic kept their regen, the new versions didnt have regen.

Pretty sure thats how it went down :P
Are you basing this on any source or just because you're "pretty sure that's how it went down?"
Closed Thread