Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wish this worked for my civic responsibility of occasional jury duty

“Nah fam…pass, I can’t be bothered”

Jk I know I can get out of it by saying I’m a conservative which hopefully they interpret as racist and therefore not able to be unbiased
Trumptards in here hoping that other people mistake them for racists [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-20-2022, 03:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rump analogy, would apply if they disqualified you for X reason.
Lots of reasons can disqualify me for jury duty. Implying any biases works. Or for myself I can reference that my job position provides a health service to the community or something like that, had co-workers get out of it for that. I actually don’t mind jury duty tho, despite the super low pay
Old 01-20-2022, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trumptards in here hoping that other people mistake them for racists [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 01-20-2022, 03:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, pretty sure it all started with Roger Ailes and FOX.

They were the first to introduce that "we can do no wrong, we're the good guys, everyone else is bad" style of opinion shows. Bill O'reilly, etc. Now everyone acts like him, total asshole.

The opinion shows are watched more than the actual "news" cause its not sexy or hateful. Saying facts is boring. "homeless people are taking from you!" is a lot more interesting than "theres a lot of homeless people that need help".
Its also a way to misdirect non-critical thinkers and low education folk away from whats actually happening behind the scenes (de-regulation to enable corruption and theft, and the erosion of democracy as a means to continue said de-regulation corruption and theft).

This is the whole point of right wing news and right wing media (but it also exists to a lesser degree on the left): 1) keep people angry at someone other than republicans. 2) create false controversies to direct said anger. Coincidence that you see politicians and right wing media figures embracing that anger (Qanon, white supremacy, anti-masks/vaccine)? I think not.

It just allows them to continue their true objectives of enriching themselves. All the while the uneducated masses attack one another.

And the cycle repeats, ever deepening and ever more heading towards violence, with the figures pulling the strings not caring as long as it doesnt adversely affect them or their wealth.
Last edited by walfreyydo; 01-20-2022 at 03:34 PM..
Old 01-20-2022, 03:41 PM
Banned

The spooky rich people are conspiring against you yes totally not paranoid at all.
Old 01-20-2022, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

Government sucks you all are a buncha ass kissers.
Old 01-20-2022, 04:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk what ted Cruiz is doing, my point is he is an agent of the beast the same as nacy Pelosi and their mission is to seat the antichrist at the throne of the world, if he gets there via republican or democrat it is irrelevant to it.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!
Ahh yes, the "both sides do it" excuse.

Both sides do it so you cannot point to right wing radicalization and violence as a problem.

Except that you dont have liberals storming the capital to overthrow a fair election, that even a 6-3 conservative supreme court with 3 justices appointed by Trump refused to even look at.

You dont have liberals showing up at statehouses and threatening to murder and kidnap governors and elected officials due to public safety measures.

You dont have liberals rejecting science (because science = truth and the truth has a well known liberal bias).

You dont have liberals getting thrown off planes or out of school board meetings for refusing to take selfless measures to ensure public safety

You dont have liberals looking to form paramilitary groups and become deputized by county sheriffs

You dont have liberals bombing abortion clinics or murdering doctors.

But yeah, oh wait there was that one crazy guy who shot up Steve Scalise so it is equal and happens on both sides. And yeah, BLM damaged some property so its totally the same because some bad apples damaging property must totally equate to all the right wing violence right? A couple democrats (I dont consider them democrats) got busted for insider trading so its totally the same as Ted Cruz trying to legalize bribery right?

Wrong
Old 01-20-2022, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

All of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by walfreyydo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except that you dont have liberals storming the capital to overthrow a fair election, that even a 6-3 conservative supreme court with 3 justices appointed by Trump refused to even look at.

You dont have liberals showing up at statehouses and threatening to murder and kidnap governors and elected officials due to public safety measures.

You dont have liberals rejecting science (because science = truth and the truth has a well known liberal bias).

You dont have liberals getting thrown off planes or out of school board meetings for refusing to take selfless measures to ensure public safety

You dont have liberals looking to form paramilitary groups and become deputized by county sheriffs

You dont have liberals bombing abortion clinics or murdering doctors.
Is due to right wing media which is radicalizing people, including those on this board. And when I mean radicalize, I mean domestic terrorist type shit, right-wing caliphate type shit.

Thats where this is heading, and no one, I mean no one, is going to like whats coming unless we do something about the misinformation and propaganda being spewed forth by right wing media.
Last edited by walfreyydo; 01-20-2022 at 04:55 PM..
Old 01-20-2022, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...capitol-471270

Quote:
Fifty years ago, extremists bombed the seat of American democracy to end a war and start a revolution. It did neither, but it may have helped bring down a President.
Old 01-20-2022, 05:26 PM
Banned

Extremist set bombs at the capitol building and DNC hq in DC 1 year ago..

"They would have exploded. They could have exploded," Steven D'Antuono, assistant director in charge of the FBI's Washington Field Office told ABC News Chief Justice Correspondent Pierre Thomas Tuesday. "They are viable devices that could have gone off and exploded, causing a lot of serious injury or death."

Think he was a lefty? Placing them at the DNC the day before the failed coup.

I guess since those people are dead now from your article means "both sides" or something retarded like that. Well they did this 50 years ago so it excuses my friends actions last year.

Were any of us alive 50 years ago..? Might as well be 150 years ago for all it matters now.
Closed Thread