Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 09:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabric9 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sincerely hope that you've considered looking beyond Velious as well. Eventually people will get bored of Velious and will move on. That means moving onto Luclin (and beyond) or the server will slowly die out from players leaving.

But we'll cross that bridge once we get to it, I'm sure. Sorry for sidetracking the newspost.
I sincerely hope idiots like you leave P99 and go back to playing on live.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

beastlords were kunark....
Old 05-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

No, *Iksars and Kunark* were Kunark. It didn't get a new class. Beastlords were Luclin.

All that is moot, of course, since 'classic' EQ ceased to be 'classic' when the new models were relesed, along with Luclin and its cringe-inducing "a fine steel light saber" loot table. I can only assume the Devs are also of a similar opinion, which is why the server has no plans to release Luclin. I'm sure everyone will miss something from subsequent expacs, but they eventually turned the game into something more akin to WoW, only easier in some ways. Not interested kthx.

In that vein, I approve the removal of global ooc/ auction. I encourage everyone to use the forum for selling items, in addition to EC. One thing I used to abhor was sitting in EC for days trying to buy a rarer item, only to never have anyone offer it, and when they did, for it to cost way more than it was worth since the guy selling it had no competition.
Last edited by postmoderntease0; 05-23-2010 at 11:30 AM..
Old 05-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Banned

So... where's the official kumbyya selling circle now?
Old 05-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
beastlords were kunark....
no.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

yeah i was wrong never played one myself.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by postmoderntease0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, *Iksars and Kunark* were Kunark. It didn't get a new class. Beastlords were Luclin.

All that is moot, of course, since 'classic' EQ ceased to be 'classic' when the new models were relesed, along with Luclin and its cringe-inducing "a fine steel light saber" loot table. I can only assume the Devs are also of a similar opinion, which is why the server has no plans to release Luclin. I'm sure everyone will miss something from subsequent expacs, but they eventually turned the game into something more akin to WoW, only easier in some ways. Not interested kthx.

In that vein, I approve the removal of global ooc/ auction. I encourage everyone to use the forum for selling items, in addition to EC. One thing I used to abhor was sitting in EC for days trying to buy a rarer item, only to never have anyone offer it, and when they did, for it to cost way more than it was worth since the guy selling it had no competition.
that is exactly whats going to happen again only it will be even more onesided since the population is smaller. there will be less of a pool to buy from, yet this change is supposed to make things cheaper <cynical laugh>

hope you guys like paying 5k for a halfing raider skullcap, or a staff of writhing.........

ps i suspect alot of the ones advocating for a removal of auction are dealers hoping to lessen the competition myself.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Kobold

What magic number do all these problems go away at?

ie scam artists, difficulty finding groups, lack of economy, etc.

Everquest didn't start with 1500 people on each server peak hours. I think waiting too long to turn off global chat would have been more detrimental to the community. I'm excited to see how this all plays out.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Kobold

Good job devs.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What magic number do all these problems go away at?

ie scam artists, difficulty finding groups, lack of economy, etc.

Everquest didn't start with 1500 people on each server peak hours. I think waiting too long to turn off global chat would have been more detrimental to the community. I'm excited to see how this all plays out.
but it had more than half that during normal hours. some people enjoy the utility of auction. ooc ya fine kill it.