Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is variance still needed?
Yes, it promotes "competition" 75 29.18%
No, its an unneccesary non-classic time sink 182 70.82%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tasslehoff you are just wrong. Before TMO, there was IB. I can also personally state that having raced BDA to ragefire today they are just . . . well I don't want to say bad, but not exactly good either.
Xasten, I think Triangle's point is that if we are asking Rogean to implement something (and this is by no means a sure thing) we should focus on something that would actually fix the raid scene to some small degree for everyone and not just TMO.
Pretty much this
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

12 day spawn variance.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 02-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by August [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I heard of this thing called 'instancing' I really think P99 should try it out. 100% Classic.
I'm down once we get to LDON. It was LDON right?
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm down once we get to LDON. It was LDON right?
Yep, LDON. Since we are so classic and all, what expansion did variances get put in?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Kobold

Or the GMs could threaten the top guilds to set up a rotation. If they don't, force luclin models on the offenders.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Sarnak

I have never understood how having your favorite character logged out and playing a different game or an alt and waiting for your phone to go off is fun

Team Tripod

I'd rather be fishing
Old 02-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much this
Fix for everyone? With no GM or Dev intervention?

How bout guilds agree to a very late window rotation? Simple and saves us from socking. The details could be discussed but basically rather than 150 people on a spawn for a "lottery" all night that you have about 1/3 or so chance of winning, you just get first shot at the mob, if its late window, without the sock. Probably end up being about 1/3rd of the time (more if you are TMO since the other guilds generally don't push targets out of prime time anyway). TMO would likely be losing the same amount of mobs that they currently are to multi-guild socks but without 150+ people wasting endless hours socking.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

instances are not a solution.

stop wasting everyone's time talking about them. The code for it was ripped out and perma deleted.

AKA, not fucking happening.

Carry on with the other suggestions that won't be implemented.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fix for everyone? With no GM or Dev intervention?

How bout guilds agree to a very late window rotation? Simple and saves us from socking. The details could be discussed but basically rather than 150 people on a spawn for a "lottery" all night that you have about 1/3 or so chance of winning, you just get first shot at the mob, if its late window, without the sock. Probably end up being about 1/3rd of the time (more if you are TMO since the other guilds generally don't push targets out of prime time anyway). TMO would likely be losing the same amount of mobs that they currently are to multi-guild socks but without 150+ people wasting endless hours socking.
Because then everyone else will want to get in on the action. Hey even the A-team will sock trakanon once or twice if that means we can get in on a rotation.

The simple reality of the raiding scene is that there are too many players. So the staff had to do something, to have some criteria to decide which of them would get the pixels. They chose variance, which reduces their workload and gives 100% of the pixels to the people who were the most . . . dedicated. Any solution to the raiding scene has to address this. We have too many players relative to the mobs, so we need more mobs. It is simply the only way. I don't think the amount of loot dropped is quite so important, I think most people would be satisfied if a) they got to do the encounters and b) they would eventually have a shot at stuff, even if it would take a year or whatnot. There are basically two ways to have more mobs:

1) Simultaneous repops, where the existing mobs are concentrated in time
2) More pops, possibly with less loot per mob

My preference would be for both. For example if there were 3 boss mob repops per week with every mob dropping 1/2 the normal loot, with times known in advance. Say Wed @ 6:30 PM ET, Saturday @ 10:00 AM ET, Sunday @ 9:30 PM ET. Most people should be able to make one. Now you just combine this with some anti poopsocking code (say when the boss pops all players are teleported to the zone in, the zone fully repops, and anyone who logs into a dungeon while the boss is up logs in at the safe point), a 'player lock' where if you zone into a 'raid zone' with a boss up, you cannot log on another 50+ toon on the same IP address for say 1 hour, thus preventing the silly camped alts bs that goes on here, and disallow trains in VP, and voila, fixed raid scene.

What would happen: no poopsocking (everyone knows when the stuff will spawn anyway, and you get teleported out), no batphoning (obviously), no tracking (obviously), minimal interference at least at first because everyone is going for different stuff, and the top guilds can only get a few targets each even if they split their forces. And with no trains in VP, TMO/FE/BDA will probably all choose to play in there, at least until Phara Dar is dead. This would be about 1000000 times better than what we have now. I think there are very few people who would disagree with the Loraen Plan. Why Rogean hasn't implemented it, well I guess he has a job and a life and such. TBH if they gave me access to the source I bet I could do it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyway Xasten I don't think your plan is bad per se, its just that getting any changes at all has been super hard and if we're going to fight for changes I think they should be good ones.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Banned

my fav section of this thread is when spaceman adds his personal input when hes played a necro to the late 50's, 98% solo

he is not in a raid guild nor has he ever pooped anything on this server
Closed Thread