Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnauga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i had my first sip of wine when i was 13

Can't drink until 21 in the USA

Muh freedom > yours

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You can drink alcohol at any age in the US, permitted accompanied by parent or legal guardian. You just can't buy it.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can drink alcohol at any age in the US, permitted accompanied by parent or legal guardian. You just can't buy it.
Depends on the state, but usually the estaishment's standards.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I watch merger after merger after merger happening at a quickening pace over the last 10-15 years. Every industry is quickly being conglomerated into as few as 1-3 entities, eliminating competition and fucking over consumers, small businesses, and labor. Even fiscal conservatives and trickle down dipshits will admit that monopolies are antithetic to fair and prosperous free market capitalism, and that the free market has no natural resolution for monopolies.

And yet the only entity capable of trust-busting activity, of shattering these monopolies and ensuring fair and healthy competition, is a strong federal government. Maybe you should pick up a history book and read about what capitalism was like before the government began actively breaking up monopolies, and why we're in a state of crisis precisely because our government is no longer doing this.
http://imgur.com/a/ejtFV
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgerman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can name a few places that are without a doubt worst.

1. Africa (oldest human civilizations) now the most corrupt and worst countries to live.

2. Asia (the 2nd oldest civilizations) pretty much trash all around, out of control disease and poverty . Singapore being the exception. Easily governed and controlled because of its small size and new government. Still no opportunity for middle class in Singapore though. It is pretty nice if your rich . Tax advantages are crazy.

3. Europe. ( a mix of old and new) which shows. Most of the high standard of living countries are extremely protectionist and have a population about equal or less than just the state of California.

The only other country I would even seriously consider living/working in would be Australia.
Good weather, jobs, high standard of living. Lots of space.

Now if your talking about , nice places. That is different. Most nice places in the world don't have enough infrastructure to support an actual economy above tourism, so its kind of pointless to even consider as a permanent residence.

Before you ask, yes. I have actually traveled all around the world, and lived in many different places. I have seen first hand, what the rest of the "beautiful" world really is.

In conclusion, what great paradise would you rather live? Since your so full of ideas on how bad the USA sucks lol.
It's easy to name places where life is better than the U.S. I think most people who realize this rather just make the US better instead. This is a difficult concept for you?
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:10 AM
Fire Giant

Anyone man who doesnt support trump is a low T cuck with pegging fantasies.

Anyone who makes false claims about Trump (like OP) is clearly a communist, racist, sexist, homophobic terrorist who hates america

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest

Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 10-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaboo_Cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You ever work for a poor person? Fact : Wealthy people create jobs more than the middle class.
Jobs are created because there's a need for a production or a service.

Remember Ford and 5$/day ? He understood that his workforce were also customers. Of course now when you pay someone a wage slave and then complain about the economy..

GREEN: Ineluki - Human Shadow Knight of Inoruuk

lulz
Old 10-07-2016, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaboo_Cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right now the interest rate on government bonds is so low in the USA that it makes sense to have budget deficits if the borrowed money is used to improve infrastructure and fund more research, because these things can add a lot of future value (e.g., DARPA--> Internet). Similarly, businesses often take loans to expand and modernize.

If interest rates are increased, the budget can be balanced by restoring marginal tax rates to what they were in the (Bill) Clinton administration. At those rates we were on the road to "surpluses as far as the eye can see" - and then GWB cut top marginal rates so as to produce large deficits again and make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

I personally have never felt over-taxed by the federal government. Sales taxes (up around 8% where I live) bother me more, but I can afford them too. Minor inefficiencies of government don't bother me much either. Having worked for a large company (GE) I know that to be inefficient is part of the human condition, and in for-profit companies there is always corruption as well.
lmao... wtf....

'the assumption is made that the government owns you and controls 100% of your income. It then lets you keep a certain percentage if you follow their rules.' - RP
Old 10-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by entruil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lmao... wtf....

'the assumption is made that the government owns you and controls 100% of your income. It then lets you keep a certain percentage if you follow their rules.' - RP
Meh Ron Paul was another Bernie Sanders. So glad he decided to give up and go back to congress ....

"Of the 620 bills that Paul had sponsored through December 2011, over a period of more than 22 years in Congress, only one had been signed into law – a lifetime success rate of less than 0.3%.[60] The sole measure authored by Paul that was ultimately enacted allowed for a federal customhouse to be sold to a local historic preservation society (H.R. 2121 in 2009"
Old 10-07-2016, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

What good is money if you don't have a country. Most people don't mind paying taxes as long as those taxes are spent to benefit them. Importing millions of 3rd worlders doesn't benefit most Americans. Immigration and the resulting demographic displacement is the most important issue of this election, not how many shekels you get you keep.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meh Ron Paul was another Bernie Sanders. So glad he decided to give up and go back to congress ....

"Of the 620 bills that Paul had sponsored through December 2011, over a period of more than 22 years in Congress, only one had been signed into law – a lifetime success rate of less than 0.3%.[60] The sole measure authored by Paul that was ultimately enacted allowed for a federal customhouse to be sold to a local historic preservation society (H.R. 2121 in 2009"
I don't think how many bills he got enacted is an accurate measure of RP...

I know everyone here are pretty much Positivists... and congress has been just about all positivists for a long time...

Sorry guys gravity is hurting too many people we are going to outlaw it pulling people down... *changes measuring tools and standards for gravity* "Look we saved the day"

*If you would like to refer to RP as "roleplaying" then we have a different conversation of puppeteers and the like... but... meh
Last edited by entruil; 10-07-2016 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: *
Closed Thread