Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

It would be so awesome if I was the guy that got to have a wish granted because the genie would be like, you seriously want to just go play ever quest again?

Would be so disappointing to find out the enchanter charm just recks you and all my plans failed.

The ultimate monkeys paw story.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:57 PM
Banned

in lots of games they make charmed pets do 90% less damage for a reason

monsters were always overpowered in everquest, charm was VERY unreliable on retail, especially pre pop

it would pop most of the time almost instantly, here its stupid
Old 09-30-2020, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in lots of games they make charmed pets do 90% less damage for a reason

monsters were always overpowered in everquest, charm was VERY unreliable on retail, especially pre pop

it would pop most of the time almost instantly, here its stupid
No need for this imo. Just fix channelling and charm lasting too long on average. Lulls are too successful as well.
Old 09-30-2020, 12:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No need for this imo. Just fix channelling and charm lasting too long on average. Lulls are too successful as well.
How you can think calm is reliable in green is beyond me. I get resisted at a 50% rate on low blues.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Previously I posted a thread about this which I believe was one of the most popular threads ever on this forum. However, Enchanter remains broken and overpowered. I'm now playing an Enchanter myself to better catalog issues.

3. Mesmerized mobs should not retain their low health if aggro list is cleared.

No evidence to support but when has any mob in EQ not instantly regenned health once it's aggro list is cleared? On P99 you can mez a mob with the small mem blur component and it will retain low health while you avoid any aggro until spell breaks. This allows you to escape bad situations and then return to kill a low health mob that had no aggro.
So I power leveled a paladin on live back in the day by using my 60th level wizard to beat down a spectre to 1% heal, logged off an immedaitely logged by 17th level paladin back in an the spectre would still be about 5-6% an still snared and fleeing from being so low on heal. My paladin would very slowly finish them off. Got almost a full yellow a kill, he hit 34th level in 5-6 hours. Health did not immediately regen when the agro list is wiped. It was very situational, usually if the mob kills their target that happens. I believe it also depended on how low on hps the mob was. If it was 1% it would still regen slow, but if it was around 10-15% or higher, then it would regen quickly while returning to the spawning point. I think 1-9% or so the mob is still in panic mode an will not return to the spawn point till higher in health.
Last edited by NPC; 09-30-2020 at 05:35 PM..
Old 09-30-2020, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

broken or not, p99 enchanter is one of my favorite video games!
Old 09-30-2020, 08:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsbars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How you can think calm is reliable in green is beyond me. I get resisted at a 50% rate on low blues.
And the ench I run with is 95%+ on lull. I recommend maxxing chr instead of int.
Old 09-30-2020, 11:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And the ench I run with is 95%+ on lull. I recommend maxxing chr instead of int.
I have 225 cha with buffs. Lvl 40. Maybe I’m fighting higher lvl mobs compared to my lvl? Even on greens I get criticized resists around 5% it seems.
Old 10-01-2020, 06:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsbars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have 225 cha with buffs. Lvl 40. Maybe I’m fighting higher lvl mobs compared to my lvl? Even on greens I get criticized resists around 5% it seems.
I don't know what to tell you. My experience with lull and my friend is mostly in the Lord area of lguk, lguk king, efreeti camp and kedge. These are are 40+ mobs up to 49. If it was 50% it would be much more fun and interesting. And various ench would be more hard pressed to solo Estrella.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:58 AM
Aviak

Quote:
I don't know what to tell you. My experience with lull and my friend is mostly in the Lord area of lguk, lguk king, efreeti camp and kedge. These are are 40+ mobs up to 49. If it was 50% it would be much more fun and interesting. And various ench would be more hard pressed to solo Estrella.
Interesting. Well I guess i'm looking forward to the future haha.
Closed Thread