View Poll Results: Does he
Yes 27 28.13%
No 14 14.58%
George Bush coughed on the towers 55 57.29%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

How much money is Hollywood worming its way out of by writing off everything they do as a beauty expense??

I would imagine 50% of their lavish lifestyle is being written off. I'm probably foolish, and its more like 100%

Its like, I dont even care about Trump. Im mad about this, are you kidding me, celebrities' can write off beauty expenses?? This is some hunger games shit everyone should be mad at this regardless of your religion.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:50 PM
Banned

Gonna be a bloodbath
Old 09-29-2020, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Trump broke the law he should be punished, but the actual problem is that he probably didn't break the law. He just played the game, like most of the super wealthy...on both sides of the aisle.

As for his other business practices (like breaking deals and not paying people) this is not new. Folks have known about his unethical business practices for decades --- even the article you linked is more than four years old. It doesn't have anything to do with him taking advantage of the tax code.

Everyone knows the tax code is broken in America...but blaming Trump for it is a non-sequitur for me. And again, this is coming from someone who isn't a Trump fan...there is plenty of shit to pin on him that is actually his fault without blaming him for the idiotic tax code in America.
Last edited by fastboy21; 09-29-2020 at 05:58 PM..
Old 09-29-2020, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
correct me if I am wrong, but is this debate even needed?
sounds like everyone made their choice already months ago who they voting for?!
we still have to convince all the fools who plan on voting biden to vote for trump, and restore their faith in america

I would rather see the debate in a wrestling ring, 2 old guys who dies first?

Anyones game
Old 09-29-2020, 06:00 PM
Banned

ill be buying myself a brand new 8k tv this christmas and writing it off as a security camera monitor

whos fuckin mad?
Old 09-29-2020, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we still have to convince all the fools who plan on voting biden to vote for trump, and restore their faith in america

I would rather see the debate in a wrestling ring, 2 old guys who dies first?

Anyones game
you sound like an extremist.

Oh well, gonna head back playing Fallout 4 and watch later the highlights off this debate
Old 09-29-2020, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Trump broke the law he should be punished, but the actual problem is that he probably didn't break the law. He just played the game, like most of the super wealthy...on both sides of the aisle.

As for his other business practices (like breaking deals and not paying people) this is not new. Folks have known about his unethical business practices for decades --- even the article you linked is more than four years old. It doesn't have anything to do with him taking advantage of the tax code.

Everyone knows the tax code is broken in America...but blaming Trump for it is a non-sequitur for me. And again, this is coming from someone who isn't a Trump fan...there is plenty of shit to pin on him that is actually his fault without blaming him for the idiotic tax code in America.
Yeah I think you're absolutely 100% correct, however, that said, if moviestars are writing that stuff off, Im over it someone light the match already [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Speaking of that, the ultimate tittle bout 1 is happening tonight?? That is blowing my mind.

Edit: This article seems to have compelling arguments that celebs are not able to write that stuff off.

The funny thing is we should be waiting to hear from other celebs before we pass any judgement on this one. We should wait to hear from the rest of hollywood, is this something that all celebs do? Some? One? If its just Trump, its pretty clear to me he was knowingly breaking the law. If it's some, then it's still, pretty clear to me he was knowingly breaking the law. If it's all, then we need to change that law for crying out loud.
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-29-2020 at 06:27 PM..
Old 09-29-2020, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

I imagine Biden will get the Michele Obummer treatment. No matter how hideous, boy is she ever gorgeous.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ill be buying myself a brand new 8k tv this christmas and writing it off as a security camera monitor

whos fuckin mad?
You may as well be on Medicaid, equally harmful to your country
Old 09-29-2020, 06:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many people did you employ/hire to do productive things?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're avoiding the question because you employ no one and provide nothing to your community. Got it. Meanwhile, the Trump agencies employ over 22,000 people currently. Then you show us that over the last ~35 years he's had some bad dealings with contractors. You just assume that all those cases the contractor was on the up-and-up, and Trump was always in the wrong. Got it. Apparently you don't work in any big cities on large construction projects because this stuff happens a lot. 60 lawsuits and a couple hundred liens and settlements over billions of dollars worth of projects in the last 35 years doesn't scream corruption. I'm not saying Trump is the most honest businessman out there by any means, but he is far from the most corrupt and what you linked is just a smear piece designed to goad people that have no idea what working with big money is like. It's a lot of lawyers. Of course they're not going to write an article about the thousands or tens of thousands other small contractors that did get paid over the course of the last 35-40 years. Those headlines won't make you angry enough to click.

With the hair stuff, sure it seems egregious to me, but I'm not a celebrity that has my hair done for TV and public appearances like he does. From everything I can find the $70k was from a 12 year time span breaking it down to about $5,833.33 a year. That's $200 a pop for his hair 29 times a year. And I'm sure they have stylists that charge just for being there whether he really lets them do anything to it or not. That doesn't seam outlandish for someone that is in the spotlight as much as he was/is and depending on how everything is structured, it might have had to go through his personal taxes if he used his own people outside of those provided by the production company. I don't know about the Ivanka hair thing, because of course we have no details - just a sensationalist news article. But again, it all depends on how his businesses are structured and what they said her role was. I doubt it will cause him much fuss in the end outside of public opinion. The web of LLC's and X-corps gets very complicated very fast for these guys.

It's easy to vilify Trump right now for this stuff because it's in your face and a lot of you already just hate him so he's an easy target. It sounds like your real issue is with American tax law and his ability to even make deductions on this stuff. It's not so bad once you learn how to use it, or can pay someone to use it for you.
Closed Thread