Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 06:00 PM
Orc

Default Zones for Good+Evil to level together?

Hey all,

I'm still pretty new to P99 and I've made a few posts just trying to feel out what kind of progression I should be making, but I think this is the question I should ultimately be asking:

Are there any zones where a good and evil race can party together and level and still have reasonable access to a bind point, a bank, and vendors?

Specifically, I am a Half-Elf Paladin of Mithaniel Marr and he's a Dark Elf Shadowknight of Innoruuk, and we're in our teen levels.

So far Freeport seems to be the closest thing to what we're looking for, but that's starting to get tapped out and kinda boring.

Qeynos/Karanas don't seem possible for him; Grobb/Guk don't seem possible for me.

Kunark seems viable in the future.

Anyone have any creative ideas about this? It sucks having to split up because the good exp/money seems very divided up between the good and evil races.

Thanks!![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-13-2017, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

In short, you're out of luck because there are no "good" cities anywhere close to the Ogre/Troll cities, which means the only place like what you want (aside from Kunark/Velious) is the Commons area, which is close to both Neriak and Freeport.

But you already said you're tired of that area, so the options I see are:

A) go to somewhere in-between, like Guk (sort of) or Oasis
B) go somewhere convenient for the half-elf, and the dark elf has a long run to sell/bank (you could sell for him to help minimize his runs to town)
C) go to Odus and the Warrens/Stonebrunt; both of you should be able to raise your Paineel faction (the dark elf might already start with some), and the half-elf can already sell/bank in Erudin
D) go somewhere with neutral vendors (eg. centaurs or gypsies in Karana) so the dark elf can sell (but can't bank)
E) wait until your early 20s, go to Kunark, and start killing goblins in Lake of Ill Omen to work on the dark elf's Firiona Vie faction (or pirates in Firiona Vie a few levels later)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-13-2017 at 06:38 PM..
Old 06-13-2017, 07:35 PM
Banned

Here are some options:

Commonlands & Kithicor for access to various good cities and Neriak
Lavastorm & Najena (Freeport and Neriak)
Guk (Freeport is a 15 min run thru the desert and Grobb)
the Warrens/Stonebrunt (paineel/erudin)

In any case, if you don't want the annoyance of travel, you should reroll together.

A couple sow pots though and it should be nbd
Last edited by skarlorn; 06-13-2017 at 07:38 PM..
Old 06-13-2017, 07:54 PM
Fire Giant

Not too far from your current area, but lavastorm and Najena are some less-used zones that you two could xp in for a while. Paladin would still have to train/bank in Freeport but Neriak is nearby for the SK and both can vendor at gypsies or druid ring in LS or anywhere in Sol Ro. Could stay in the area til 60 if you wanted, progressing to Sol A and B.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 06-13-2017, 08:20 PM
Fire Giant

Just because you're evil doesn't mean you can't bind in a good city. In qeynos, once you're in the zone you can bind. that being said I wouldn't recommend the karana's for teen levels. They're just too damn big.

My vote is head to guk. Good guy binds in Freeport, baddie in Oggok. Its a long corpse run for the goodie, but if you run through EC on your way you'll be able to find a sow, or even a nice guy to TL or port you to SRO to make it quicker.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:32 PM
Orc

Sounds like Guk is the way to go.

What's the closest "good" vendor around there?
Old 06-13-2017, 08:43 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

i confused :c

you not mind duoing a pal/sk, but you time too valuable to spend traveling?

that aside, you two can go anywhere, just gotta help one another vendor and bank at merchants with gems. so liek if you wanna do grobb, you partner can go sell all him stuff and bank normal, but for you, he sell you stuff and then buy peridots or whatever and give to you and you just keep those and use them to pay for ports or to pay him for the foods he buys for you or whatever. can do it with more spendy gems too.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like Guk is the way to go.

What's the closest "good" vendor around there?
there's gyspies in south ro =-)
Old 06-13-2017, 08:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

good point him make
Old 06-13-2017, 09:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] We all make poor life choices sometimes
Closed Thread