Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-27-2019, 04:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Proper Petitions

I have made Petitions in the past and recently moved so was forced to make another... Does anyone know how long between when you make a petition and you receive a reply? My brother and son have started to blame me because its been three weeks they cant play...Yes it is because im selfish and play myself all the time.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] In the past it normally took about 10 days this time im past 21 days.....[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Also i have this Issue when i log off it almost never logs out i get some error message and have to wait for a reSync to log back in....Anyone know a way to fix this? Sorry for Two questions in one post.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Couple months for the IP exemption.

if you are crashing when going to character select, disable loading screens in the .ini file and run EQ in windows xp sp 2 compatibility.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 02-27-2019, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubsnak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My brother and son have started to blame me because its been three weeks they cant play...Yes it is because im selfish and play myself all the time.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] In the past it normally took about 10 days this time im past 21 days.....[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There have been many reports of delays for all staff activities, including IP Exemptions. Some part of it can probably be attributed to the Sirken drama, but I'm honestly not sure if that's the only factor.

Regardless though, can you afford another $20/month? If so, stop being a jerk to your brother/nephew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Go get two VPN accounts (they cost <$10/month each) and have your brother/nephew use them when they want to play P99 (or when they want to download from Bit Torrent networks ... VPNs let you do that without getting angry letters from your ISP).

Doing this is 100% legal and within the server rules IF you have a real human behind each account. If your brother/nephew are fictional, it doesn't matter whether you get an exemption or a VPN: either way you'll wind up banned. But if you are talking about real people a VPN is a simple and cheap solution that will let them play, and once the exemption does come through you can easily cancel it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah the hardest working gm got shit on by the players here so everything takes 3x longer now. Thanks dudes!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Information

Thank you, I will look at the VPN and the rules. I have had my exception since 2014 and all accounts are always played we have verified all names and accounts and relationships. We are very proud that we always follow all rules. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That is a shame about people crapping on the GMs who are not even paid....They have always been nice to me and mine but then again we have never given them reason not to be.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I might drop an application in to be a guide at this point if for no other reason then to lighten the load these guys are under. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2019, 07:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah the hardest working gm got shit on by the players here so everything takes 3x longer now. Thanks dudes!
I pray twice a week that he gets reinstated to watch the unapologetic vengeance arc.