Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 07:33 PM
Fire Giant

I played a Mind/Mind/Fire dominator on retail during the last year of the game. It felt pretty strong and it was also fun to level as you were given useful attack chains from their offered powers right out of the box. Between Hasten and Drain Psyche juggling, you can keep perma dom running without an issue if you are cheap on enhancements slotted and their type. If you're willing to go for the gold and slot expensive crafted enhancements, perma dom as well as always having Drain Psyche and Hasten ready to go at all times is very possible.

I'm still holding out on the Issue 24 release that the coders are still working on. Issue 25's custom content really got me down, on top of the bonus experience thing and crapton of project admin drama. For those willing to brave playing the issue 25 stuff, I highly recommend looking up recent guides and builds from issue 23 (last before the game's plug was pulled) from this wayback machine archive of the old forums.

https://web.archive.org/web/20121025...play.php?f=547

You can copy and paste people's builds and recommendations of what can be accomplished using expensive invention enhancements into Mid's hero designer and see ending totals, build path, etc.

http://www.cohplanner.com/

The issue 23 version is fine for most of your uses.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:03 AM
Fire Giant

The great thing about CoX is just play what you want how you want..

Sure there is min-maxing blah blah, but a casual player is damn as near effective as a hardcore min-maxer..

Perma-dom isn't hard lol, I have a grav/mind thats like level 18 and I rarely don't have have dom going
Old 05-02-2019, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a Mind/Mind/Fire dominator on retail during the last year of the game. It felt pretty strong and it was also fun to level as you were given useful attack chains from their offered powers right out of the box. Between Hasten and Drain Psyche juggling, you can keep perma dom running without an issue if you are cheap on enhancements slotted and their type. If you're willing to go for the gold and slot expensive crafted enhancements, perma dom as well as always having Drain Psyche and Hasten ready to go at all times is very possible.

I'm still holding out on the Issue 24 release that the coders are still working on. Issue 25's custom content really got me down, on top of the bonus experience thing and crapton of project admin drama. For those willing to brave playing the issue 25 stuff, I highly recommend looking up recent guides and builds from issue 23 (last before the game's plug was pulled) from this wayback machine archive of the old forums.

https://web.archive.org/web/20121025...play.php?f=547

You can copy and paste people's builds and recommendations of what can be accomplished using expensive invention enhancements into Mid's hero designer and see ending totals, build path, etc.

http://www.cohplanner.com/

The issue 23 version is fine for most of your uses.
How did you have Drain Psyche as a Dominator? Were you a Blaster?
Old 05-02-2019, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How did you have Drain Psyche as a Dominator? Were you a Blaster?
Probably wasn't mind/mind but mind/psi . Psi assault has drain psyche in it.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Fun game. Playing it with some close friends. If I had any complaint it would be that there are too many powers/abilities and it's not much of a challenge (can kill level 7s at level 2).

Otherwise, it is a blast. Shoutout to OP! Good looking out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2019, 07:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fun game. Playing it with some close friends. If I had any complaint it would be that there are too many powers/abilities and it's not much of a challenge (can kill level 7s at level 2).

Otherwise, it is a blast. Shoutout to OP! Good looking out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The easy part is due to the custom changes to the Issue 25 build that Leandro made that you're playing. It's a custom, higher experience rate as well as bonus recovery to lower level characters on top of an increased To Hit bonus as your character is advancing to level 15 in comparison to what retail had in its closing days. The values appear to be doubled, at least for the To Hit.

Kind of a shame. Part of the fun of City of Heroes with the noob experience was getting your butt handed to you by Vahzilok in the sewers before level 15.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:19 PM
Banned

It starts to get a little more challenging around level 15 or so
Old 05-03-2019, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

So what is custom about it outside of the strength of your character? Is this some Shards of Dalaya type server for CoH?

And what, ez mode buff is removed at 15? Where did you read all of this?
Old 05-04-2019, 02:28 AM
Banned

i have not touched p99 in 2 days because of this thread and this game
Old 05-04-2019, 04:41 PM
Banned

i cannot stop. nonstop DfB, posi and other task forces with various alts just blowing shit up.

once you go from a fire/energy blaster burning an entire herded up room in a group of 7 others its hard to go back to fucking EQ where you spend days killing a single solitary enemy with 300 people to fill a gambling addiction you have for fucking loot

i know its a meme at this point but i got erect watching a buffed up Build Up rain of fire, fireball, combust and fire sword circle rip apart an entire room of zombies, ghosts and clockwork robots oh god i missed city of heroes so much thank you for this thread

I must make a pistol/psi blaster and an archery/kin corr to keep this high going
Closed Thread