Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

So is the new meta 'who ever can engage the target simultaneously with the largest number of guards in the way wins'? And therefore Core was forced to totally abandon any idea of fighting with appropriate numbers (on TAKP, it took about 25-30 boxes to clear TOV, although we did have Spiritual Purity) and merge with not one but two guilds, while Aftermath is recruiting hard? Do people enjoy this more or less than the DA pulls and mage coh?

Also: Detoxx, my hat is off to you! I would have tried to keep the size of my guild under control. But somehow P99 meta always ends up favoring larger and larger zergs. Nice call.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not easy going against 3 guilds, but we make due. Being the underdog is always harder then zerging. We give it our best shots against the Voltron guilds.
Yeah, AM or its previous forms has never merged with a guild to bolster their numbers, and never teamed with another entity to make a FAT Alliance to compete against a top guild...

Too those too dense to know, that was sarcasm.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Talk of zerging aside, from the folks who've done the new TOV-rooted content (Vulak, Vyemm, etc)--what would you say is the number of players those encounters are tuned around? This hypothetical assumes a vacuum with no other guilds waiting to leapfrog/etc.

Danth
60-80 players. 100 to trivialize the chances of wiping. Yea it could all be done hypothetically with 40 min/maxed but the trash clear is very slow with low DPS. It wouldn't be worth the time added to go lower than 60.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So is the new meta 'who ever can engage the target simultaneously with the largest number of guards in the way wins'? And therefore Core was forced to totally abandon any idea of fighting with appropriate numbers (on TAKP, it took about 25-30 boxes to clear TOV, although we did have Spiritual Purity) and merge with not one but two guilds, while Aftermath is recruiting hard? Do people enjoy this more or less than the DA pulls and mage coh?

Also: Detoxx, my hat is off to you! I would have tried to keep the size of my guild under control. But somehow P99 meta always ends up favoring larger and larger zergs. Nice call.
Yea that's pretty much the meta now. Seems more players like it than not by the RNF poll (70% pro-rooting, 30% anti-rooting). Never would have thought it but there's more players than ever raiding on blue.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:53 PM
Sarnak

Who is this Kazik guy and why doesn't he have any social skills?
Old 05-27-2019, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good point, except literally no guild I ever joined was #1 when I joined, save for Rampage but thats debatable.
Dannyl is telling the truth. Rampage was not the top guild
Old 05-27-2019, 10:19 PM
Aviak

Is great fun times raidin. Not many ogre gurls though. Sum time get watch elves die in fire or bashed to death. Seem like elf population gettin out of hand but dis wut happens when left unchecked. Blame hippy headband ogres for allowin dis. But no time for ogre to fight. Must band together en thwart elf threat. Make world most peaceful again.

Best Face King Spongee Supreme Ogrelord
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Spongee_Mcgee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A5236F74-B54E-4F2E-9935-1C3589867895.jpg (22.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-28-2019, 02:32 AM
Fire Giant

50% loot is better then 0% loot, alliances are awesome. makes everquest good old EQ
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 05-28-2019, 03:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
50% loot is better then 0% loot, alliances are awesome. makes everquest good old EQ
It's just sharing harder.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:50 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not easy going against 3 guilds, but we make due. Being the underdog is always harder then zerging. We give it our best shots against the Voltron guilds.
sorry you didn't get raid
Closed Thread