Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 12:32 PM
Banned

TLDR Dev from drugbox 2.0 (rise of Shit) trying to claim emulated clout when the mechanics are shit
Old 05-31-2019, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

The only mechanic I can think of that's truly fucked currently is tracking, and ours isn't as fucked as p99's is. But then look at what we have that they don't:
  • Antiplug - though not flawless our implementation is largely effective and continually improving
  • Jeriance - a smart and fair variance system that loosens the top guild's stranglehold and gives challenger guilds a better shot at content
  • Anti-train - new system still being tweaked but already is promoting a large amount of PvP
  • Cross-Zone DoT Kills - Yellowtext is generated from PvP DoT kills after the target/caster zone
  • No Petitionquest - our only rules are against cheating and exploiting
  • Item Discovery - fun feature
  • Discord Integration - can follow server happenings on Discord while not in game
  • Character and Bazaar browser - transparency and quality of life
  • Anticheat - we have the best anticheat and pride ourselves on clean PvP
  • PvP Balance Adjustments - our PvP is better-tuned across the board with individual features to help PvP such as anti-rezbox training, anti-coth training, and the nerfing of instant escapes, overpowered clickies, and other unbalanced game elements.

Outside of our superior mechanics, we pride ourselves on our rapid response to game issues and our lack of in-game intervention outside of the most extreme scenarios that demand it.

Also since you've left, Merkk, I spent two weeks reworking our melee system including ranged and throwing - it is now superior to p99's implementation especially in terms of PvP. Stats are meaningful and our AC code works beautifully according to the era. Look at all we've done in less than a year and tell me we're doing poorly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

RoZ rules!
Old 05-31-2019, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

Tracking on P99 is fixed.
Not sure when, but works perfect.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

Looking desperate recruiting on "Dead 99".
Old 06-01-2019, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

yet you guys have made this the most poppin thread on this forum =D

play where you want to man - I'm not twisting anyone's arm over playing on RoZ or not, but I will stand my ground on the virtues of our little box - we're on a crusade to create the most solid eqpvp experience out there and we are fully immersed
Old 06-01-2019, 03:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yet you guys have made this the most poppin thread on this forum =D

play where you want to man - I'm not twisting anyone's arm over playing on RoZ or not, but I will stand my ground on the virtues of our little box - we're on a crusade to create the most solid eqpvp experience out there and we are fully immersed

You guys have done great work, but one thing you need to realize is if you make too many changes, you stray away from original game play and concepts.

Overpowered tactics and or items is a part of Norrath. Not sure what anti training is, but training (was legal back in classic,) allowed a single group delay an entire raid, if you were determined enough.

The same thing happens with Zek seasons where instead of aiming for a more classic experience, you start to balance. That is great and fine, but definitely makes game play different than classic, which messes with my nostalgia.

Looking forward to your folks next iteration
Old 06-01-2019, 01:41 PM
Banned

if its so awesome why you advertising it here, your server never went past 250 and no one cares because everquest pvp is stupid.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys have done great work, but one thing you need to realize is if you make too many changes, you stray away from original game play and concepts.

Overpowered tactics and or items is a part of Norrath. Not sure what anti training is, but training (was legal back in classic,) allowed a single group delay an entire raid, if you were determined enough.

The same thing happens with Zek seasons where instead of aiming for a more classic experience, you start to balance. That is great and fine, but definitely makes game play different than classic, which messes with my nostalgia.

The overpowered tactics you talk about chased away a lot of people though and probably some of your crew. Anti training was really made for Velious. Basically mobs won't aggro others if they are a certain distance away from their spawn point unless people do something to pull aggro. Doesn't just work exactly like that but that is the the general idea.

I agree with not straying too much from classic though, I really didn't like devnoob servers for that reason. It needs to look and feel like classic everquest. I enjoyed the balancing of classes by tweaking AC and resists though.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarflord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if its so awesome why you advertising it here, your server never went past 250 and no one cares because everquest pvp is stupid.
I didn't create these threads about RoZ, and your statement is actually stupid.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Training was not legal in classic EQ, unless you’re referencing SZ. I was a senior guide during the era where guides had power, and you would be suspended for training.