Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 11:12 AM
Banned

Well dark elf illusion is priceless in the sense that you can't sell it because it is a no drop item. An AoN is much better and still drops.

I was playing Rise of Zek up until about a week ago. I am taking a break now because I wasn't a fan of the AA/raid grind that EQ becomes in later expansions.

I won't play Project 1999 Green. I'm going to give WoW classic a shot and then play Rise of Zek 2.0 in November.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But then when the servers are merged, and all those idiots see everyone with guises and manastones, they are going to feel like such idiots for not going to green lolz
Guise, the novelty is cool on class/race combos that don't exist but only when its an exception. Like the rare DE monk on P99.

Manastone, the way campers are now I suspect a number of campers will have accounts full of them, which in turn will make it harder for players with less beard power to get one in the first place. If and when they come to blue they will sell for profits here which will drive the market down, as more accounts roll in to profit. Holgresh Beads camp, there will be line of people waiting in guk with so many angry nerds..
Old 06-13-2019, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

fwiw when people tell me its a 'novelty' item I cant help but think this is am emu server for a 20 year old game lol
Old 06-13-2019, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fwiw when people tell me its a 'novelty' item I cant help but think this is am emu server for a 20 year old game lol
Yeah and people are playing it right now, guise is a novelty within that confine. If you are running across the commons and see a Dark Elf paladin come running by.. thats neat.

The guise was always valued for its novelty and the fact only so many had it. More practical for an Ogre/Troll warrior perhaps but its not so cool because those races have classes that a Dark Elf can be (bar shaman which is also cool with guise).

Plenty of people played in era here. 20 years old has nothing to do with it other than a catchphrase on the forums.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manastone, the way campers are now I suspect a number of campers will have accounts full of them, which in turn will make it harder for players with less beard power to get one in the first place.
Harder for players with less beard power to get one than it is on blue. Or than it would be on a magical, fairy-tale green where only casual players exist (and only in moderate numbers, at that).

But really, maxing out the potential number of manastones on the server before they don't drop anymore is the best way to get them in the hands of casual players. Not a GOOD way. But the best way.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:41 AM
Orc

lol all these people thinking that Green will be low or die off. This server is going to be maxed the fuck out from day 1. Everybody be climbing in like it's the last fallout shelter during a nuclear strike.

Ya'll are going to find out what it's like to camp scalded rats in Dagnors because everything is gonna be cleared.

You people really don't know that there were over a million accounts created to play p1999 over the years? How many of those players are gonna come back to try Green? A shitload I promise you. And all it will take is a few thousand to burn the fucker to the ground.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larethan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol all these people thinking that Green will be low or die off. This server is going to be maxed the fuck out from day 1. Everybody be climbing in like it's the last fallout shelter during a nuclear strike.

Ya'll are going to find out what it's like to camp scalded rats in Dagnors because everything is gonna be cleared.

You people really don't know that there were over a million accounts created to play p1999 over the years? How many of those players are gonna come back to try Green? A shitload I promise you. And all it will take is a few thousand to burn the fucker to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimoneus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It may have been mentioned, but won't the server likely be capped at say 2k or whatever? Can the servers here handle 3k? 4k?

I think there's a fair number of abandoned/rarely used accounts on blue, and those players may very well make their way back for this new reboot. I would not be surprised in the least to see the dial hit 3k if allowed.

Then again nasty lag in certain zones or even server wide was also classic in the early days so...

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Old 06-14-2019, 06:53 AM
Sarnak

The issue will really be over-, not under-population.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:05 AM
Kobold

The correct response to someone picking out of your swarm, btw, is to zone the rest of your kite and come back to the pickers all dead.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The correct response to someone picking out of your swarm, btw, is to zone the rest of your kite and come back to the pickers all dead.
This guy plays everquest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larethan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

uh... sounds great?

But... if it isnt then its win win for green players, unless its red pop :P
Closed Thread