Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 05:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Population/Green and Teal

hi.. its been a long time since i played P99. I was wondering if the population has getting bigger.. my problem is being low level is hard to find groups.. and whats is this green and teal server stuff. sorry for all the questions. just want to see if it worth going back to or i should jump back on retail.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

Population is several hundred on each of blue, green, and teal during prime hours. Dips all the way down to like 200-300 in early mornin USTZ hours.

Green and teal are fresh servers running through the classic timeline, benefitting from research and bug fixing and stuff done on blue over the last 10 years, that started from day one about 3 months ago and are going up through the final patches of Velious (+6 months more after that or something) before the staff starts fresh servers again.

They're like the ladder of P99. Fresh starts, quick moving (compared to blue), reset when they have run their course.

You'll probably have an easier time finding groups on green or teal than on blue. Blue is a top heavy server. Many people have the characters that they want already leveled up. Green and teal though, like half of each server is still below level 30.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengense [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...or i should jump back on retail.
I'd play P99, or another game entirely.

Retail isn't EverQuest.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 01-15-2020, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Retail isn't EverQuest.
'nuff said.

-Mcoy
Old 01-16-2020, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Any server from this team is good to play on. Teal or green progression servers are the best ones to play on. You can still get a manastone, and other legacy items. Kunark doesn't exist yet. Banded is good armor.

Try to play for fun and you will have fun. Otherwise play a brand new game and try to be the winner.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:15 PM
Orc

My brother and I were thinking of playing. Are all areas equally populated? Where is the most activity on green?
Closed Thread