Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mmmmm. Meh. Was enjoying my non-neckbeard time to play the game. I am not hardcore, won't ever be. That's okay. It's also okay to be hardcore. The split servers allowed for that. It was a happy medium of both.

When green launched I already told myself no thanks. Too many assholes and not enough nice people. Then Teal launched....I gave it a go. Had the time of my life.

Instead, this now only favors the hardcore, once again. In the last 24 hours I've had some ass hat green turd just come flying through my camp or training me to take a camp 7 times. Not even in that great of areas, because now the server is over crowded for a retro emulator. The douche bag doesn't ask, just pushes on in. No apology, not worth the headache to fight over a free game. Can't report it, because nobody will do anything. "Classic" for sure.

Simple solution: just launch Kunark now.

Staff - I appreciate everything you've done!
Record it, post it in petition forums, and he'll get banned. Simple.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He states a long-term concern of what would happen to the server with a large population (1500-2000) pre-Kunark. At the time I ask this, we're at 1200...and that's with the overall totals taking a hit due to frustrations over the merge. Additionally, not only are we still pre-kunark but we don't even have all of Classic available. I think the community understands how much you all do, and values and respects your decisions. I think many of us are simply curious why now, so suddenly, when it appears we are still within the parameters that was initially deemed to be problematic and warranting of a second server.
He states that 1500-2k is a large population. You mention we're averaging 1,200 at prime time. And then you say we're within the parameters that were deemed problematic...how? You literally just quoted numbers that show we're not within Rogean's parameters lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbioticforks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah nobody was complaining there weren't enough people online. Nobody. So let's just double the load for all camps, because waiting in line and clicking a box every 10 minutes for 3 days needs to be doubled.
Plenty of people did. Guess you must have missed it.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

I most certainly did. Lingering Stockholm syndrome from being accustomed to Blue's overpopulation is still.. realistically undesirable.
Old 01-22-2020, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Separate green/teal was a ghost town. Now things are a lot better, feels like the world has people in it again.
Old 01-22-2020, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Separate green/teal was a ghost town. Now things are a lot better, feels like the world has people in it again.
It's funny, I felt the exact opposite: on Teal I never lacked people to group with when I wanted to, and never failed to have competition for good solo spots when I wanted to solo ... just not too much.

Take the South Karana gnoll spires: even at 8AM on a weekday every spire (and the extra spawn) was usually taken. Heck, Splitpaw itself (or at least the first six mobs, which is virtually all anyone does) was usually taken, and that zone is almost permanently empty on Blue. But if I got lucky or hung around long enough, eventually someone would go turn in scrolls, and I could get a gnoll spawn.

Or take the JBoots list: I stayed in Najena for a few weeks, and almost never saw less than five people on it. But five was a doable number: a normal person could sit there all day and get the item. I could keep going, but ... my point isn't to say you're wrong.

Rather, I'm trying to suggest that servers are big places, and different people have different subjective definitions of what "over-" and "under-" populated means, which depends not just on whether they solo or group, and where, but also their personal preference.

To me, Teal was the best server Project 1999 has ever created. I never once felt it was empty (except perhaps empty of the Seal Team crowd, which of course was a pro and not a con), and I had a blast the entire time I played on it ... which quite honestly I didn't expect.

I'm still mourning it's loss ... but I say all that not to argue with you or anyone else, just to provide a counter point.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-22-2020 at 11:57 AM..
Old 01-22-2020, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's funny, I felt the exact opposite: on Teal I never lacked people to group with when I wanted to, and never failed to have competition for good solo spots when I wanted to solo ... just not too much.

Take the South Karana gnoll spires: even at 8AM on a weekday every spire (and the extra spawn) was usually taken. Heck, Splitpaw itself (or at least the first six mobs, which is virtually all anyone does) was usually taken, and that zone is almost permanently empty on Blue. But if I got lucky or hung around long enough, eventually someone would go turn in scrolls, and I could get a gnoll spawn.

Or take the JBoots list: I stayed in Najena for a few weeks, and almost never saw less than five people on it. But five was a doable number: a normal person could sit there all day and get the item. I could keep going, but ... my point isn't to say you're wrong.

Rather, I'm trying to suggest that servers are big places, and different people have different subjective definitions of what "over-" and "under-" populated means, which depends not just on whether they solo or group, and where, but also their personal preference.

To me, Teal was the best server Project 1999 has ever created. I never once felt it was empty (except perhaps empty of the Seal Team crowd, which of course was a pro and not a con), and I had a blast the entire time I played on it ... which quite honestly I didn't expect.

I'm still mourning it's loss ... but I say all that not to argue with you or anyone else, just to provide a counter point.
Can't speak to Teal very much. Green seemed to be the opposite post-split. Things like the Karana bandits, Highpass, Splitpaw (not all of SK though, spires and KFC were still of course popular), various bandit and orc camps, etc. were empty. Even Befallen it was hard to find a group in. Maybe we just had more ZEM highway min/maxers on Green.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He states that 1500-2k is a large population. You mention we're averaging 1,200 at prime time. And then you say we're within the parameters that were deemed problematic...how? You literally just quoted numbers that show we're not within Rogean's parameters lol.
I noted that it was 1200 at prime time WITH the servers having lost active players due to the frustration over the merge. We were at roughly 1500 combined between both servers. That was within the parameters when they chose to merge them.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:46 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
> This should have been better communicated to the players,

Which is to say, communicated to the players. Like, at all.
Technically it was, via patch notes. Do you have some issue with P99 staff? Seems like you take a shot at us every chance you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:47 PM
Banned

You had multiple end game crowds fighting over raid spawns on Teal. Why is Seal Team now the bad guys?
Old 01-22-2020, 12:53 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and that's with the overall totals taking a hit due to frustrations over the merge.
It could be frustration, or could be those players that were playing green/teal at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Closed Thread