Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reed Belt really isn't a great item for 5k
It's the only fucking wisdom belt.

And a few extra ac or whatever isn't worth it compared to the wisdom and some HP.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the only fucking wisdom belt.
I know that dude lol, hence the "BiS tax." Wisdom is a shit stat but put it in a diff slot suddenly people with port plat pay 5k. Same thing with the odd overpriced Druid tunics. You pay way less money for the same stats in other slots.

<The A-Team>
Old 01-22-2020, 02:41 PM
Banned

I am low level but these items are camped 24/7 and will be farmed everyday forever lowering their value, i think the first few of each item will sell for the most and the value will steadily go down. Also by level 5 i made 100p just selling the crap i got from monsters and didnt buy anything other then rations and water.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

If Bilge had a normal dungeon static ph his loot would be half as valuable.

You pay for the shitty nature of his camp. Same w GBS, theres 2-5 people tracking it every night cycle.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

I still have a hard time saying it's a BIS tax when it's literally the only wisdom item available. Nearly the AC of anything else for a sham. Perfect for a druid. Still the best option for a manastone cleric chasing max hp. People pay twice as much for 9 wis boots and 2/3 as much for 9 wis paw of opalla, etc. It seems pretty appropriate to me, even if it isn't the first thing you're going to look for when you're twinking a new wis caster on a budget.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:31 PM
Large Bat

How about lower tier items as another measure of the economy on green.
Pre-merge on green i was buying HQ bear skins for about 10p each and selling HM Baackpacks for 20p each.
Last night, 3 days into merge, i saw HQ bear skins being bought for 20p and HM Backpacks selling for 40-50p each. Upon asking the seller how the backpacks were moving at 40p, he said that they sold with no questions asked.
Never played on blue here, but noticed on auction tracker that skins and packs were auctioning for significantly more on blue than on green/teal.

What this all means, i dont know. But i feel like the items that sell in higher volume and those price fluctuations mean more than the fluctuations on Big Ticket items that have much lower volume of movement.

EC Tunnelquest! Woohoo!

Please share your thoughts on this end of the economy, I am very intrigued. Seems much more interesting than the big ticket items that are accessible to a smaller percentage of the population.
Last edited by KungFusion; 01-22-2020 at 07:35 PM..
Old 01-22-2020, 08:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a weird thing to laugh at. That's the regular asking price for the last month.
I've flipped 3 pairs in the last month, ranging from 450p to 600p.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFusion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please share your thoughts on this end of the economy, I am very intrigued. Seems much more interesting than the big ticket items that are accessible to a smaller percentage of the population.
It means the value of plat is rapidly decreasing, especially now with the merger where the amount of coin and items, common and rare alike, have doubled. These items are way more on Blue because plat has had a decade of inflation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDerisgreat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've flipped 3 pairs in the last month, ranging from 450p to 600p.
Dwarven Work Boots also get a "BiS tax" because of being the top tradeable twink item. Idk if these are Green or Teal prices but you can still get 900-1000 for them on Green. The prices went this high from the 500 they were going for back in November because of.....inflation lol. Inflation and guildies price gouging themselves.

I don't care if things get priced out to where "casuals" can't afford them, it's just baffling to me that the prices of all these things skyrocketed because of people selling these items to...people in their own guild. They're so expensive that you can't EVEN screw other people, the only people you can gouge is your own guildies. Makes ya think, doesn't it?

<The A-Team>
Old 01-22-2020, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

I love people trying to get best in slot in classic. Its cool to max out but also try to have fun. If you are having fun and getting BIS in classic you won't be making threads like this. So if I am not talking to you, I am not talking to you.

If I am talking to you, have some fun and chill.

Dwarven work boots were always too expensive to be worth getting through all phases of EQ. They are a really cool item. Classic is the best.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:11 PM
Banned

i always see dwarven work boots for 250-500p???

maybe im misisng something
Closed Thread