Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 12:27 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Someone with lawyerquest experience answer this for me...

1. Does this mean if someone at a camp, whether it's ancient cyclops or Droga Earring of Essence or whatever, dies/logs out to corpse a lore item, that I can then nab the camp?

2. Does this mean I can nab the triggered spawn at ragefire when people are logging in different chars?

I've seen this happen tons of times and I've always respected the person logging out and logging back in. Whether it is to corpse an item or switch chars.

What I want to know is.... who can make use of this new legal precedent? Do you have to be a guild leader whose been playing here for 10 years to benefit from this new rule? Or can newbies like me make use of it too?

I want to know the rules so I can use them like all the veterans... somehow I feel like this rule is not going to be available for me to benefit from though...
Old 10-24-2015, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plackers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look, the brain dead moron is going to respond that you lose the camp in that situation. You need to remember that these guys are playing Everquest 12+ hours a day and this is all they have going for them in their life.
Precisely the reason why the PNP / camp policies should reflect upon situations like this instead of being aligned to the morally superior players. This is why the PNP doesn't work in scenarios like this one.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Ancient Cyclops:

I show up and wait around. The guy killing it gets a ring and kills himself to leave it on his corpse. As soon as he dies and gets LOADING, PLEASE WAIT... I seize the camp.

There was a list, but do I just now supersede the list and own the camp because the guy who was holding the camp and enforcing the list did not have his kill force present?

I'm absolutely 100% not complaining if these are the rules. I just want to know the rules and where and how they apply so that I can follow them to the best of my ability.

I just want to learn how to play like all the veterans on the server and am not complaining about the rules.

Here's my concern... I KNOW that if I did the above tactic the guy is going to cry foul. He will yell profanities are me. I will, rightfully, take the AC and own it from then on. (It's not KSing because I own the camp). He will petition.

Now here's the part where it gets confusing... I'm pretty sure no one will answer the petition. But let's say someone does. Will they rule on my side?

Even though the rules seem clear from this instance it seems very difficult to predict which way they will rule. So I suppose I should just test it out?

You win some, you lose some. Maybe it really comes down to more being WHO you are then being WHAT you are doing. If so then the only way to win P99 is to build up a rep.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

The "rules" are whatever a guide or GM decides at that time. Just accept it.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisset [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The "rules" are whatever a guide or GM decides at that time. Just accept it.
Ok... but the next question then is...

who are the guides and GMs? Is there a list somewhere? Maybe we can find patterns in the way they rule so that we can predict which way things will go.

This is how you deal with judges IRL... you learn the way that judges tend to rule and then you can make bets

If you're a casual player with no hope of ever getting in on something like AC, this rule gives you hope. You can make a bet that the guy camping AC will not have a kill force present at some point and now you might actually be able to get some loot without poopsocking
Old 10-24-2015, 12:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonhawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

who are the guides and GMs? Is there a list somewhere? Maybe we can find patterns in the way they rule so that we can predict which way things will go.

This is how you deal with judges IRL... you learn the way that judges tend to rule and then you can make bets

If you're a casual player with no hope of ever getting in on something like AC, this rule gives you hope. You can make a bet that the guy camping AC will not have a kill force present at some point and now you might actually be able to get some loot without poopsocking
Just don't play on blue and you won't have to deal with GM rulings or these players.
Your a player that contributes nothing to this community besides trying to feel good about your shit life by trolling . You might want to avoid trolling threads like these because players like me will find you irl and gut you like a fuckin fish
Old 10-24-2015, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonhawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ancient Cyclops:

I show up and wait around. The guy killing it gets a ring and kills himself to leave it on his corpse. As soon as he dies and gets LOADING, PLEASE WAIT... I seize the camp.

There was a list, but do I just now supersede the list and own the camp because the guy who was holding the camp and enforcing the list did not have his kill force present?

I'm absolutely 100% not complaining if these are the rules. I just want to know the rules and where and how they apply so that I can follow them to the best of my ability.

I just want to learn how to play like all the veterans on the server and am not complaining about the rules.

Here's my concern... I KNOW that if I did the above tactic the guy is going to cry foul. He will yell profanities are me. I will, rightfully, take the AC and own it from then on. (It's not KSing because I own the camp). He will petition.

Now here's the part where it gets confusing... I'm pretty sure no one will answer the petition. But let's say someone does. Will they rule on my side?

Even though the rules seem clear from this instance it seems very difficult to predict which way they will rule. So I suppose I should just test it out?

You win some, you lose some. Maybe it really comes down to more being WHO you are then being WHAT you are doing. If so then the only way to win P99 is to build up a rep.
My understanding of the rules is you're in the clear maintaining your camp regardless of where you move within the zone or corpsing items.etc as long as you're back and ready to engage when the mob spawns.

The reason Nixxar was ruled against is because Puppets spawned and he didn't have a force ready to kill them and we did. Ragefire is a special case because its a triggered raid target which grants you a 20 minute window to engage after triggering.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plackers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just don't play on blue and you won't have to deal with GM rulings or any players whatsoever.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
His duo still maintained a presence at a killed camp though. He easily could of gone linkdead instead of him /camping . Would this of looked better if he just had multiple chars on different accounts and /exit to cause an "LD" tag and logged onto his other char which so many people do on this server. The PNP was good for live servers, but it just doesn't work on p1999 when there's so many people and so many ways to subvert it

How would you take it if I did the same thing to you while you were camping Frenzy with a duo partner? You guys just finish killing up mob spawns and your partner needs to log onto a different character for a minute while you yourself can't kill the spawns because you're a lvl 49 cleric. Then I come strolling in on my shaman and I tell you that I'm going to take camp because your buddy isn't there, then 10 seconds later (one minute after you finish killing respawns) your buddy logs back in and I tell you guys that you need to leave because you didn't keep up a group presence capable of killing the camp.

If to follow the PNP like this, may as well count LD's as logging out.
Look, I'm all about GMs/Guides using their judgment to settle disputes, obviously "maintain presence" needs a better definition. What I'm saying is, when there is a rule that says don't camp out, when you camp out you run the risk of another group coming in and the GM/Guide siding with them.

Going LD is not camping, so I think in your LD situation you'd have a better argument, especially if staff can see that.

I also said, previously, that I thought Nixxar had a pretty good argument for the camp being his despite the PNP being worded inelegantly. But I really don't feel sorry for either of these folks because they both intentionally trained each other.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:15 PM
Server GM

Quote:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=128771
Closed Thread