Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 04-01-2022, 06:38 PM
Skeleton

Default When did Freeport change?

When did they revamp Freeport and completely change the graphics there and turn it from the awesome bustling zone to basically a completely different zone?
Old 04-02-2022, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Freeport on project 1999 is the original Freeport. Maybe they changed it at some point
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-02-2022, 10:30 PM
Sarnak

This is an emulator that is trying to emulate how things were in the year 1999. If you're looking for an EverQuest that isn't from 1999, you're in the wrong place.
Old 04-02-2022, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Sometime between 2002 and 2007.
http://www.paullynch.org/eqblog/?p=170
Quote:
Freeport. Is a new style zone, with new graphics and quests. This was done as part of the Prophecy of Ro expansion. The new zones are: West Freeport, East Freeport, and Freeport Sewers (a new, level 20ish zone, available to everyone). North Freeport is no more. The Academy of Sciences now connects to Arcstone.
But yeah, you won't see that blasphemous fake Freeport on P99. It's the original, pixelated, three-zoned masterpiece it was when EverQuest was launched.
Old 04-04-2022, 07:45 AM
Skeleton

Yes I can’t wait to connect to 99 I hated the new Freeport and just want to play on 99 if I can ever figure out the install [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-04-2022, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

I'm glad I never got to see the freeport 2.0

Tho freeport and qeynos and erudin were pretty damn hard to navigate in the old days. It felt right though, especially freeport since it was a "big" city wandering around finding yourself at a random noob zone with boomba the big and then at the other noob zone being confused.. its awesome.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-04-2022, 10:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes I can’t wait to connect to 99 I hated the new Freeport and just want to play on 99 if I can ever figure out the install [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't like the FP change back in the day! It's worth the trouble of the install! Keep at it!
Old 04-05-2022, 11:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tho freeport and qeynos and erudin were pretty damn hard to navigate in the old days. It felt right though, especially freeport since it was a "big" city wandering around finding yourself at a random noob zone with boomba the big and then at the other noob zone being confused.. its awesome.
I always thought Kelethin was the worst city. All split over platforms. You could see where you wanted to go on one platform, then had to run from one of the city to the other to get it.
Old 04-06-2022, 08:54 AM
Skeleton

I finally made it in!!! Oh how I’ve missed Freeport!!!!
This is just amazing! Except for the corpse runs haha
Old 04-06-2022, 05:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The revamped Freeport is 100% ass. I remember running through it and thinking "what in the actual fuck...?". Freeport is probably my favorite newb zone, FP or Kelethin, I love them both. Back when I used to play p99 and it was late at night and I had nothing to do, sometimes id go hangout at some random spot in Freeport or on the docks. Weird nostalgia trip I just took here, lol. I miss this stupid game sometimes lol